M/ACOM Decoding Can Uniden Do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerpro

In my County Mostly every communication is on this system. It is on EDACS/Provice. I do not know if Any Uniden Scanner can do this. If so please let me know.

Thanks,
n1ck

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
n1ck said:
In my County Mostly every communication is on this system. It is on EDACS/Provice. I do not know if Any Uniden Scanner can do this. If so please let me know.

The answer, at present, is no.

People will tell you that the answer will ALWAYS be 'no', but ten years ago, the answer was ALWAYS going to be that trunk tracking was impossible.

In any case, Provoice is not decodable with scanner at this time.

N

N_Jay

n1ck said:
well that is not good, hopefully Uniden or any other scanner company can find away to decode it but thanks!

You should take the time to read the existing threads on the subject.

It is a misconception to think it has to do with "finding a way".

It has to do with legality of using patented or copyrighted software and the size of the market.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
My original PRO-92 (version 1.00) will display and track ProVoice talkgroups, but has no way to decode the digital voice. It would be up to the patent lawyers to make it happen in a new model.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
If it's encrypted, then it won't ever be legal, even if it's possible, because it's illegal to de-crypt an encrypted transmission. So you'll never see a scanner from any manufacturer than can do that.

However, "never" is an awful long time....

Gadgetmann

Premium Subscriber
Good luck to you on that too, as even if you buy a ProVoice radio, M/A Comm still needs to authorize that radio to work on ProVoice.

GTO_04 said:
Or you can go buy a Pro Voice radio. It's gonna cost you though!

GTO_04

Status
Not open for further replies.