• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

M1225 Mic Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB0VWG

Are there 2 different ways to wire a Motorola mic to a m1225 radio?

The reason why I am asking is that I have 2 other mics Motorola knock offs mics wired differently and I can get the radios into scan mode when those mics are plugged in but the audio doesn't sound as good as the OEM type. With the Motorola OEM mics I am unable to get the radios to scan. Is there something I need to adjust in the programming software? Or just get the mics rewired?
Thanks
Michael
KB0VWG
WQOI992

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Here are the pinouts for the M1225 mic:

1 - 8 volts
2 - Not used
3 - Hook
4 - Ground
5 - Mic Audio
6 - Mic PTT
7 - SCI
8 - Handset Rx Audio

The 8 volts on Pin 1 drive an LED on the stock mic for the M1225, and is non-essential for other mics.

I have used both the HMN1035 and HMN1056 mics on a M1225 with no problems.

Check your programming for "hook suspends scan".

Also, the Motorola mics have to be hung up if "hook suspends scan" is enabled. The center button of the mic hanger is floating and is grounded to the outer ring when in the hanger.

SCPD

QRT
Paper clip

If you don't want to reprogram, put a little paper clip on the back of the mike. Fake it out to think it's on a metal mike clip.

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
I have 2 other mics Motorola knock offs mics wired differently and I can get the radios into scan mode

What I think you're saying is with no mic plugged in, the radio won't scan. When you plug in the oddball mic then you can get the radio to scan but not have it in the clip or the button grounded. Is that correct? If so, that's not normal and I would think those mics are for something other that Motorolas. You WILL need to check the wiring.

KB0VWG

Almost correct

The wiring is different on both mics and the less expensive mic when it is on hook the radio will scan, But when I put the oem mic when I place it on hook it doesn't scan. So that what I was wondering about the mic wiring. I had the Motorola mics rewired by a tech and the cheapo mics were purchased off of Ebay.
I will double check my programming.

I also have the same kind of issue with a kenwood tk-863, I have to dive back into that programming see what can be changed.
Thanks
73.s
Michael
kb0vwg
wqoi992

Status
Not open for further replies.