• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

M1225 w/ bad volume knob.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an M1225 that began having problems with the volume knob. It started having intermittent audio. When the audio got quiet, you could push the volume knob and it would return back to normal. Now, it has gotten to where it won't even turn on. There is no tightness or anything in the feel of the knob. It feels normal. I'm not sure if it's a bad solder contact somewhere or what. Can anyone on here fix this for a fair price? I'm not too good w/ soldering, etc. lol.

K

kb0nly

I had that on a M1225 just this year... Turned out to be a broken solder joint from the knob getting hit hard, HOWEVER they use the same style pot as the Maxtrac series and i have replaced a lot of them as well. The trimpot just goes intermittent.

You can still get the replacement part from Motorola, but it requires total dissasembly, removing the main board from the chassis, to desolder and replace the pot.

If u want i can get a price for the part tomorrow and let you know what it would cost to repair it, etc..

As for the CDM1550 i haven't seen inside of one, so i don't know if its similar in design?

K

kb0nly

I will dig through my notes and find that part number for the pot, i know i made a note of it!

K

kb0nly

Lost the notes evidently... I can't find a copy of the service manual to get a part number for it. Still looking though.

Luis_R

Part # 1885724L01 and it runs around $3. If you're capable of soldering and desoldering, then that's your total cost. If not then whatever the shop that does the work charges ( could be anywhere from $40 - $100 ). This part # is for the M1225.

CDM1550 part # is 1866500A02, these come in a pack of 10, so if you get it from Moto shop it'll probably cost you around $8 - $10 ( give or take a couple $'s ).

Last edited:
K

kb0nly

Part # 1885724L01 and it runs around $3. If you're capable of soldering and desoldering, then that's your total cost. If not then whatever the shop that does the work charges ( could be anywhere from $40 - $100 ). This part # is for the M1225.

CDM1550 part # is 1866500A02, these come in a pack of 10, so if you get it from Moto shop it'll probably cost you around $8 - $10 ( give or take a couple $'s ).

Thanks Luis for posting that! Going to put that back into my notes now. I have an MOL account so i might order some to have on hand.

K

kb0nly

Yes, that would be great...Thanks!

If you don't have anyone that can fix it for you, or a dealer nearby to get you the part let me know. I could find out what the cost with shipping for a replacement, and if you paid shipping both ways plus a little beer fund money i could repair it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.