• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

M7100 IP VCO UNSTABLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

radiotech33

Hello forum I have a M7100 programmed for listening only {aka scanner ] p25 trunking That wants to go in and out of cc scan useing flash ver J2R18HO9----DSP F9R06N05 800 mhz
tried to move to tune the Vco but its unstable .. Is there a TSM on this problem any help would be much appericated.

solved ..thanks for the replies.. admin can delete the thread

Update..I give up on the m7100.... theres a YRP7AT2 TAC FEATURE...but it must be a secret as to what it is..my radio has 39 feature p25 trunking...but theres someting about filter change..so I have read....edacs to p25...going in and out of cc scan........

radiotech33

Thanks ..I guess this post was not very Interesting...but any ways I will try... I have a brand new m7100 mobile radio edacs...wanted to do p25 trunking..so I done the feature 39...buy the way I have done 500 plus p7100s ..the m7100 is wild..vco ...goes crazy in the fcc menu...audio is awful so with all this being said I read post that these radios need a filter change for it to work properly...So what was the change to make it work. Just to let you kwow I am not a hobby shop ...radio tech for 42 years ...when ge was on mountain view rd lynchburg va....

to make a m7100 radio to work on p25 it must be a secret..I have read post where radios were sent to NLT so if they fixed it and it works whats the cost ?Whats the fix? I did not notice in my m7100 manual back in the day p25 or the 39 featue wasnt there

nucleaireqc

awhile ago i had an M7100 the voice of my mic was awful. I thought it was the microphone but ultimately the problem was the tracking data so to be successful I saved the featdata and took note and then I did a full recovery. everything works

For the P25 CC scan I got an error from Echanced SCAN on 2 different system IDs I downgraded the firmware and it works no error.

The 7100 series allows you to scan the p25 phase 1 without being directly affiliated, just block the tx of the radio group. however there are systems that do not allow it.

or send me video to MP

merlin

I have a jaguar and it has a deep feature of tuning the VCO. Don't know if it is exclusive to the FCC TEST.
If your VCO is unstable, it will error with an 'OUT OF LOCK' code.
Only seen this with ham mods pushing the radio out of band limits.
Seems your filter settings could be the culprit otherwise.

radiotech33

back ...again.. this M7100 is still wild.. I put it on the bench...it looks wonderful fcc menu 3+ 4+ hz..put in my truck 1250 hz 1725 hz looking cc scan...by the way I am looking at the tower wher the signal is from...reflash...recovery...latest and greatest radio cod flash code do work to well ...my little p7100 works great.....lord help

timkilbride

Database Admin
I'm going to shot from the hip on this:

1) Backup all tracking/feature files.
2) Open Personality.
3) Options ---> General Options ---> check the Disable AFC (Control Channel).
4) Save. Write to radio.
5) Use FCC menu to see how far receiver is off.
6) Open RPM Radio Maintenance.
7) Read tracking from radio.
8) Tracking Data Edit ---> Adjust Oscillator (see below).
9) Write to radio and check receiver via FCC menu.

At this point its a pure guessing game, but after playing with the oscillator value you will zero in the receiver. After fine tuning the oscillator value, un-checkmark the Disable AFC (Control Channel) in the personality and re-write to the radio. After this tuning, the radio may not lock on a different p25 system without re-doing this procedure.

I hope this gets you going the right way.

Tim

radiotech33

I'm going to shot from the hip on this:

1) Backup all tracking/feature files.
2) Open Personality.
3) Options ---> General Options ---> check the Disable AFC (Control Channel).
4) Save. Write to radio.
5) Use FCC menu to see how far receiver is off.
6) Open RPM Radio Maintenance.
7) Read tracking from radio.
8) Tracking Data Edit ---> Adjust Oscillator (see below).
9) Write to radio and check receiver via FCC menu.

At this point its a pure guessing game, but after playing with the oscillator value you will zero in the receiver. After fine tuning the oscillator value, un-checkmark the Disable AFC (Control Channel) in the personality and re-write to the radio. After this tuning, the radio may not lock on a different p25 system without re-doing this procedure.

I hope this gets you going the right way.

Tim
Thank you so much....I have a question for you in the rpm settings I see there are 2 settings offset channel selectivity optimization..course..then same thing below fine.....can you comment on that ?

timkilbride

Database Admin
Thank you so much....I have a question for you in the rpm settings I see there are 2 settings offset channel selectivity optimization..course..then same thing below fine.....can you comment on that ?

Looking at at my files, most are 0 for both course and fine. I did fine one that had a 9 course and 0 fine. I haven't played with these settings since 2014.

Tim

radiotech33

Looking at at my files, most are 0 for both course and fine. I did fine one that had a 9 course and 0 fine. I haven't played with these settings since 2014.

Tim
I was working on a brand new 7100 factory tuneing 800 mhz new never been touched ...I thought put 33.. 39 features in reflash and it will work was I fooled..I have no idea i done this to a p7100...and looked at the control channel this am +7hz..minus 7hz...seems theres a filter change.so I have read..no body will comment on it...but all the setting I am trying ..Its more to it some where and thank you so

There was a person that posted they had 100 m7100 mobles done by New london tech...There was a filter change...He said he couldnt recall. the specs .My question is whats the change...so with that being said...it probley needs realingment....but after today looking at my p7100 portable...and looking at my 7100 there is a differnce ..big time

the radio I found was set on 7...if you change it to 5 or 8 ..it goes cc scan

timkilbride

Database Admin
There was a person that posted they had 100 m7100 mobles done by New london tech...There was a filter change...He said he couldnt recall. the specs .My question is whats the change...so with that being said...it probley needs realingment....but after today looking at my p7100 portable...and looking at my 7100 there is a differnce ..big time

I never had any issues with the P7100 800mhz. They always locked and worked. The M7100 are the only ones I ever had to adjust. I never changed any filters on the M7100, just made adjustments with the software to get the radio to work.

Tim

radiotech33

p7100 portable works great...when reflashed you need to play with the vco ...then its fine solid as a rock...I been thru about 500 or so but M7100 mobile different story.......I sit this morning and looking at the tower my M7100 on the fcc menu is all over the freq...99 hz 150 hz 450 hz 1250 hz... now I am looking at my p7100 portable at the same time ..it 7 hzs - 7hz- ..whats the difference...

merlin

My M-7100 cable is buried under 200 pounds of junk or I could post an example. Now didling with the VCO you really need a decent signal source and good DVM. You have to get to the PLL test point and see it falls in specified range. Retuning the VCO as needed.
I have only seen this needed when pushing the 7100 out of band. When I can get to my cable, I will update with some more details.
Note, this is the hardware part and has to be set to specs before software will work right.
I know my M-7100 is stable as a boulder.

radiotech33

Hello and thanks for your reply...I am still trying.....on the m7100 mobile radio....I see where you posted about trunk mount cables ? doing data.....please advise I might be able to help a little..I know when I post its like tradeings on grounds

Status
Not open for further replies.