• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

M7100 power cable

KC2TJS

Hi everyone,
I’m looking for a power cable for a 110 watt M7100 radio for 2 meter installation. They don’t seem to available on the internet any help would be appreciated. Thanks

KC2TJS

KC2TJS

Hi everyone,
I’m looking for a power cable for a 110 watt M7100 radio for 2 meter installation. They don’t seem to available on the internet any help would be appreciated. Thanks

KC2TJS

merlin

There are two flavors of M7100 power cables.
19B802622P1 is the HIGH power version.
19B802622P3 is the low power version.

Those P1 cables are getting scarce.
You could use the P3 if you keep the length short.
You probably want to back the power down to like 60 watts for 2 meter rag chewing anyway.

KC2TJS

There are two flavors of M7100 power cables.
19B802622P1 is the HIGH power version.
19B802622P3 is the low power version.

Those P1 cables are getting scarce.
You could use the P3 if you keep the length short.
You probably want to back the power down to like 60 watts for 2 meter rag chewing anyway.

KC2TJS

I’m planning on trying to cut back the power to about 60 watts. I’m using RPM 14 to program the radio I noticed the power level is greyed out to full. 1st time programming a M7100 how do you reduce the power down from 110 watts to 60 watts? This radio was last programmed with RPM 10B according to the seller. Thanks

merlin

Before you do anything, create a folder (I call original) Open maintenance and read tracking and features.
Save this to your new folder.
Now if RPM 14 will read your radio, save the '.PRS' also to the new folder.
If you get a version error, you will need RPM 10b to do this. ( gives you something for recovery if all fails)
14 should still accept your .PRS file. Use 'maintenance' .Read the tracking data from the radio.
Go to edit tracking data and select 'POWER LEVELS'
The decimal range is 200 for max. You can leave those at default.
There is no mid power so in 'low power', set what you want for low power. first two digits and zero.
Now set 'high power for '600'
Write the new tracking to the radio. Save this to a current 'active' folder.
Now with the radio through a watt meter/dummy load and a 2 meter frequency, confirm your low and high power is set correctly. A service monitor is a plus, you can check your frequency and wideband deviation at this time.
If all looks good, you are ready to burn holes in the ether.
This shot is one of my M7100s before reducing the power levels.
Note: this is two year old memory so may not be exact, anyone with corrections, please chime in.

Attachments

• M7100_5_G.jpg
    M7100_5_G.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 8

BMDaug

I am licensed…
Premium Subscriber
I guess the TX Power Levels menu only applies to Unity radios! I never knew that, but the manual seems to make it pretty clear. You learn something new every day!!

-B

KC2TJS

I have a copy of RPM-10B available do you think it would be better to try reading the radio with this before trying RPM-14? Thanks for the input on the power settings. 73s

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I have a copy of RPM-10B available do you think it would be better to try reading the radio with this before trying RPM-14? Thanks for the input on the power settings. 73s

Try it with R10B first, and if it works you can stick with that. Read and save the personality file, and as Merlin noted, use the RPM Maintenance app to read and save the tracking data. If you jack something up while tinkering, you'll be glad to have that file; without it you would have to start from scratch with a full alignment.

Merlin noted the process for backing down the power on an M7100 using the Maintenance app.

I have a VHF M7100 dash mount at home, works like a champ. I'm running the M7100 and a UHF radio through a diplexer to a dual-band antenna in the attic; both diplexer and antenna have a 100 watt power limit, so I backed both radios down to about 40 watts maximum each. Seriously doubt I'll ever be transmitting on both at the same time, but I like having a healthy safety margin.