• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

M7100 Relay Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Wondering if someone might be able to shed some light on this. I'm attempting to control a simple transistor controlled relay with an M7100. From looking thru the RPM help files and the M7100/Orion installation docs it looks like pin 22 of the accessory cable on the back of the remote control head is 'OUT1'. I've mapped a button on the control head to 'AUX1' but other than the LED beside the button coming on I'm not seeing any change of state on pin 22 (using a meter) when it should be active. Am I missing something here?

Thanks!!

kb4cvn

Silent Key
Nowhere near a paved road, away from the maddening
Wondering if someone might be able to shed some light on this. I'm attempting to control a simple transistor controlled relay with an M7100. From looking thru the RPM help files and the M7100/Orion installation docs it looks like pin 22 of the accessory cable on the back of the remote control head is 'OUT1'. I've mapped a button on the control head to 'AUX1' but other than the LED beside the button coming on I'm not seeing any change of state on pin 22 (using a meter) when it should be active. Am I missing something here?

Thanks!!

The two Aux Outputs on the Orion, J725m and M7100 radios is a simple open collector output to GROUND. Activate it, it changes state.

It can be active high, or active low.

Aux Output 1 is on Pin-22 [OUT1] of the DB-37 Accessory Connector
Aux Output 1 is on Pin-09 [OUT2] of the DB-37 Accessory Connector

Both outputs reference against Pin-01 [SUP GRN] or Pin-07 [GRN] of the DB-37 Accessory Connector

========================================================

For what you are trying to do, the easiest connection might be to use Aux Ouput-2, as it and GROUND are available on the six pin basic accessory connector. [Pin-1 for Aux Output-2, Pin-2, 4 or 6 for Ground]

And finally, DON'T FORGET TO WRITE A KEYPAD FILE TO THE CONTROL HEAD when you program the radio. Adding Aux 1 (or anything else) to the keypad doesn't get loaded to the head until you program the keypad of the control head.

This is an extra manual step you have to do when programming the radio, as it does not occur automatically.

Last edited:

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Ah! That's likely my problem, I was just going from OUT1 to chassis ground... I'll try it again with the proper reference. I'm coming off the back of a remote control head so I'm referencing the DB25 points.
And yes, it took me 2 writes of the radio to remember to write the keypad file :)

Thanks very much for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.