• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

M7100ip needs 8 VHF p25 conventional channels programed I am in the Wichita Falls TX, area

Status
Not open for further replies.

kerrick

I am in need of getting my new used MACOM M7100ip VHF radio programmed. My old radio was damaged in a auto accident Trunk unit and I was rear ended. I have purchased a used radio and now in need of getting about 8 VHF p25 conventional channels programmed. I am a Volunteer Firefighter/Paramedic for a small town fire dept.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Typically, the only shops you will find in the area will be everything but Harris. Mobile Phone of Texas is there in Wichita Falls. Warner Radio down in Decatur. Self Radio in Montauge. I would reach out to Link America in Rowlett and see if they can help you (they are a Harris "dealer").

If all else fails, you may have to reach out to the City of Wichita Falls radio shop through your department and see if they will do it for you. I can think of one Harris "dealer" here in the DFW area but for the life of me I can't remember their name.

kerrick

Our city uses all Kenwood and that is what i had till now. I had a friend from another state send me his old radio when his service upgraded to a trunking phase 2 system. I know Motorola's Which I can program. and with this radio coming out of my pocket as a personal radio I am sure WF won't touch. I found someone in Austin that would do it was hoping someone a little closer without charging an arm and leg along with 1st born child. I had 1 dealer quote me $$$ I will reachout to link america

K2NEC

If I had a mobile cable I'd be happy to help you out but I only have portable cables. Maybe someone on here has a cable that would be able to help you out

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
If I had a mobile cable I'd be happy to help you out but I only have portable cables. Maybe someone on here has a cable that would be able to help you out
Should be some kind of straight serial cable. The service/install manual has information on how things need to be pinned out.

K2NEC

It is a serial cable but the connector on it is unique. And I'm not about to spend $200 on a cable.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
There is a YouTube video on how to make programming cable for Orion mobiles, which also works for the M7100. It is a very simple cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.