• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

M7300/SS2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muxlow

Super Secret
I picked up a Harris M7300 remote mount to upgrade from my M7100/Orion setup.

How would one build a cable to go from the radio and communicate with the SS2000 + SVR200 + IF possible be able to do dual radio with a Orion or M7100. The dual radio part isnt important but if i can make it work then why the hell not!

I have a SVR cable already made for the DB44 connector on the 7300, Now just need to figure out what pins to who for what to make the other 2 devices work. The SS2000 is a DB9-DB25 on the 7100/Orion should i just grab the service manual and find what pin does what and look for the same on the 7300?

That was my original plan but wanted to check if anyone has done/knows how to do such a setup.

DisasterGuy

Can't comment on the interface to the SVR (the service manual can be found online with the option cable pinout) but I can tell you that you can't dual radio between an Orion/7100 and 7200/7300. Two totally different bus setups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
Don't think you can do it. The M7300 platform is a totally different platform as compared to the Orion/M7100.

You can't mix the two different platforms. If you try, I would expect smoke and unhappiness.

Either get an M7300 radio or a remote mount head and cable for an M7100

Muxlow

Super Secret
Iv made the cable for the M7300 and that works for the SVR. Didnt try the SS2000 since this is a front mount radio on a desk.

I have a M7200 that is remote mounted and i used the same SVR cable as used on the M7300 and no go. In the options Output 2 is greyed out so i cant activate the repeater on it.

As for the SS2000 on the M7200 i tried making a cable for the DB44 and nothing happens. Tried the DB25 on the rear of the control head, seems to be the same pinouts as the Orion cable and nothing happens there either.

For the SS2000 M7200 i used

DB44 DB9
7 GRND 7
3 SDATA 3
13 ALo 6
14 VOL Hi 5
24 HORNRNG 8
23 SONOFF 4

I only need the SS2000 for the Air horn, Ext Speaker and PA options. Is there a jumper i have to swap around in the control head like on the orions? Maybe thats the issue...

Muxlow

Super Secret
Does anyone here use a SS2000 with the M7300?

Just wondering what settings in RPM i need to change and if any thing els needs to be done. I think iv got the correct pin out here for the SS2K-M7300 DB33

I know in the Orions i had to swap a few things inside the Control head.. not sure if thats the case on these or not

Muxlow

Super Secret
I ended up getting a remote CH-721 system head for the M7300

Iv got both the SVR200 and SS2000 working

SVR is connected to the DB30whatever cable on the radio itself, and SS2000 is connected to the DB25 via the control head and seems to be working

Diagram provided from the Pyramid website was correct and the settings for the radio are correct. SS2000 I made up as I went and seems to be working.

Status
Not open for further replies.