• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

MA/COM (adacs) Analog System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our county communications has been trying to implement the MA/COM radio system for well over a year now. That puts all us fire/ems volunteers in the dark, unless we purchase a compatable scanner. So far, the only scanner we have found to be widely available is the Bearcat BCT-8. Are there others that I'm not aware of?

I did search this topic to no avail, If another thread exist, please point me to it. Thanks for the great site.

steve

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Welcome to the forum

Any scanner capable of scanning 400 MHz EDACS trunking should be able to track the analog part of the Lebanon (I presume) system. Program the scanner with the analog talkgroups and scan in ID Scan for the Bearcats or Closed Mode for GRE. Current cheaper scanners would include BCT-8 and Pro's 97 & 2055. Though several discontinued scanners of both manufactures will work.

However, review comment #5 by Peter in this feed. http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41493 It could be that everyone will be out of luck.

Edit: Welcome to forum, Steve.

Last edited:
You guessed it, Lebanon. Our city police switched over around Memorial Day. They're using the unscannable Provoice or whatever its called. The entire county was supposed to go to the alalog edacs system last July, but never happened. Then it was June 1st of this year, never happened. Then it was two weeks ago. Still hasn't happened. We switched to the new digital paging (from good 'ol tone and voice) on January 1st, 2005.

Many of the fire/ems vollys in my area hesitate to drop $180 on BCT-8 until the switch actually takes place.

Thanks for the help.

steve

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.