MA Environmental PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcdogg

Anyone have a list of the EPD "signal codes"?

Ex. "I'll be signal 16 on ATV patrol in Oxford."

I know SNE has list of call signs but I can't find their signal/status codes anywhere...

mcdogg

Okay so after a little careful listening it seems like the EPD uses what seems to be a modified version of the MSP signal codes. Some are the same, some are different for example:

Code 3 (Call ____ )
Code 4 (Out of Service)
Code 5 (In Service)
Code 9 (Reg. Listing)

I have heard all of the above being used by EPD and can confirm that they are the same as MSP but several other codes:

Code 22 - Sounds like a License Status check (Similar to MSP Code 11)
Code 25 - Sounds like a Missing/Wanted check (Similar to MSP Code 14)
Code 26 - Sounds like a History/BOP check

These are different from the MSP codes and all three are used quite often, mostly on MV stops...

I also heard a few Unit ID's that are not listed on the SNE wiki site:
X-Ray ?
Uniform?

Anyone else hear anything?

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
mcdogg - I tried a Google search for " Massachusetts Environmental Police uniform " - didnt get much

Maybe the IDs are - geographical - different functions - different areas - different shifts - different ranks

Perhaps checking the Enviro PD website might show their various bureaus or divisions or offices - which might give you a few hints as to what the various IDs stand for

Do you ever hear them operating on weekends or at night?

"Signal 16" might be "on portable radio:" - or - "out of radio contact" - or maybe "unavailable for calls"

mcdogg

Per the all mighty Scan New England Wiki, EPD Unit ID's are as follows:

BRAVO: OFF SHORE MARINE ENFORCEMENT

CHARLIE: INLAND OFFICERS

DELTA: DISPATCHERS

ECHO: NEW OFFICERS IN FTO PROGRAM

INDIA: MARINE THEFT BUREAU. DETECTIVES INVESTIGATE STOLEN BOATS, ATV'S & SNOWMOBILES

MIKE:COASTAL OFFICERS

ROMEO: BOATING AND RECREATIONAL SAFETY OFFICERS. THEY INVESTIGATE ALL RECREATIONAL ACCIDENTS (ATVs, Snowmobiles, etc.)

SIERRA: HUNTER SAFETY OFFICERS. INVESTIGATES ALL HUNTING ACCIDENTS

TANGO:TRAINING OFFICER

WHISKEY: HAZARDOUS WASTE BUREAU

No mention of "UNIFORM" or "X-RAY" units but I have defiantly heard them. Most of the time you hear "CHARLIE and MIKE" units, but I have heard most of the other ones at least once or twice. Most EPD operations are during normal daytime business hours both weekends and weekdays, and it is not uncommon at all to hear during evening and night hours.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
Thanks mcdogg - good info

Someone in the Skip Forum recently logged the Mass Enviro Police on 31.46 - so obviously the old low band system is still in use

Status
Not open for further replies.