MAA status?

Status
Not open for further replies.

troymail

Silent Key
I was away for a few days but since being back I've noticed the MAA system signal strength is either very weak or just plain gone. My radio seems to be sensing power on the CC freq but not enough to lock in.

Those of you close to the tower - any change noted?

Have they cut the power way back or taken the thing down?

bear105

I am still hearing the new Tower quite well. No change from last week. TG28 has been active today with more comms testing.

troymail

Silent Key
bear105 said:
I am still hearing the new Tower quite well. No change from last week. TG28 has been active today with more comms testing.

Well I've said for a long time I must be in a "hole"... Whereabouts in Howard County are you..???

I have a signal again this afternoon - weak as usual... but at least it's back.

troymail

Silent Key
wadeless28 said:
That didn't take that long, to get your Thorazine and electric shock therapy worked out. :lol: :lol:

I'm sorry. I just had to go there. You know me.

Mike

Yeah - technology has sped up the process of electro-shock therapy treatments :lol: but don't try to drive right afterwards...:D

Hey Mike - can you hear this system????

bear105

I am about I-95 and Rt. 32. I guess I get 4-5 bars in the BCD996T...Outside antenna, of course.

troymail

Silent Key
bear105 said:
I am about I-95 and Rt. 32. I guess I get 4-5 bars in the BCD996T...Outside antenna, of course.

Ah - outside antenna - huge difference - I'm using a 396 with a RS 800Mhz handleheld antenna....

I've been wanting to put up an outside antenna but I'm hesitant because of the grounding needs etc. Don't want to blow anything up in a thunderstorm... got any pointers to help me get past that?

TinEar

troymail said:
I've been wanting to put up an outside antenna but I'm hesitant because of the grounding needs etc. Don't want to blow anything up in a thunderstorm... got any pointers to help me get past that?

Either buy a grounding rod and some copper wire to attach to the antenna mast - OR - if you have cable or satellite TV service, they no doubt installed a grounding block somewhere on the outside of the house. Run a grounding wire to that same block from your antenna mast - OR - all I do is disconnect the coax from the multicoupler when a storm is in the area. That won't stop the antenna from being hit by lightning but at least it won't destroy your radio(s).

Alan

wadeless28

troymail said:
Yeah - technology has sped up the process of electro-shock therapy treatments :lol: but don't try to drive right afterwards...:D

Hey Mike - can you hear this system????

LoL Those medical advancements are incredible. LoL

About the new system, it's not clear from my QTH. I'm thinking there is somesort of interference between us and the airport.

Mike

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Using my 396 with a rubber 800Mhz Antenex on southbound I-97, I lose the MAA/BWI TRS at the MD 3 exit.

CA
Annapolis

Status
Not open for further replies.