MABAS on Ozaukee Cty TRS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

radio50

I'm hearing a MABAS division 5 (northern Illinois) drill on the Milwaukee County TRS, talkgroup 32944, which is no surprise. What seems new (to me) is that I'm also hearing them on the Ozaukee County TRS, talkgroup 03-157. Interesting. I guess it's some sort of patch, or ?

a1emt

Premium Subscriber
I'm hearing a MABAS division 5 (northern Illinois) drill on the Milwaukee County TRS, talkgroup 32944, which is no surprise. What seems new (to me) is that I'm also hearing them on the Ozaukee County TRS, talkgroup 03-157. Interesting. I guess it's some sort of patch, or ?

Yep, Ozaukee County (MABAS Division 119) is in the process of bringing their MABAS dispatch centers and communications online. I have been told their dispatch centers will be Cedarburg (Primary) and Mequon (Backup). They will have a talkgroup renamed as IFERN, as well as VHF base station capabilities for alerting on 154.265. Much of the work is being performed in concert with rebanding, where the FD portables and mobiles will also be programmed with 8TACRED, WHT, BLUE.

radio50

Thanks for the detailed information. When I first heard talkgroup 03-157 on the Ozaukee TRS yesterday it took me a few minutes to put 2 and 2 together. I hadn't heard that talkgroup before, and then hearing them mention various northern Illinois cities was strange. It seemed like it might be a MABAS thing (or maybe I heard them say IFERN or something). I then brought up MABAS on another radio with Milwaukee Cty TRS and started hearing the exact same transmissions on both. Interesting how this is all coming together.

washradiotech

The VHF IFERN base was installed in Ozaukee County and is being cross patched to the talkgroup. All the radios in the county are being reprogrammed with that new talk group as well as the new Aurora hospital talk group. Dont be suprised if they have to go back and lower the IFERN antenna (at the Justice center in Port Washington) This will help reduce some of the skip from IL.

Status
Not open for further replies.