• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Mac-in-fire!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowman

I'd say Apple is responsible for fixing the consumer's problem since they sold the product.

I'd say at the same time that Apple ought to be seeking some compensation from Sony over this.

That's what happens when you put a PC manufacturers component in a computer that actually works!

Just kidding, but after using my sons' Powerbook G5 (not in the recall) I guarantee you that my next computer will be a Mac. :D

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Cowman said:
I'd say Apple is responsible for fixing the consumer's problem since they sold the product.

I'd say at the same time that Apple ought to be seeking some compensation from Sony over this.

Interesting thought.

I want to offer a point.

If I bought a bunch of widgets from company A to make my thing-a-ma-jig and the widget fails. I think "I", the buyer would be at fault. Buyer Beware! Its assumed all know this. From the companies on down to the consumers.

Did you know money takes the form of a contract!

"compensation from Sony"

I would bet the court case wouldn't last too long. :)

poltergeisty

1075 said:
I guarantee you that my next computer will be a Mac. :D
I guarantee you will pay more, that's for certainty. :lol:

I used to like mac, until I got that damn sad mac face one day. Tried to fix it myself was pointless. So I put that little sad mac out of its misery.

I decided to go for a camping trip. Took the GPS, which was more powerful than the mac. Found the spot, put the unhappy miserable little mac on a stump, and proceeded to commence operation "Shoot the miserable mac". :lol:

Now all that remains is its floppy drive and keyboard. They do work on a PC for they are USB. :lol:

kikito

Premium Subscriber
Cowman said:
Apple is fixing the problem as we speak.

I'm sure they are getting compensated.

kikito

Premium Subscriber
poltergeisty said:
I guarantee you will pay more, that's for certainty. :lol:

I'll guarantee you will be surprised, especially as of late, how much the same and in many cases, A Mac is actually cheaper than an almost identically configured Dell.

EDIT: Here's one link to read about it.... http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060823/ap_on_hi_te/tech_test_mac_pro_3

I used to like mac, until I got that damn sad mac face one day. Tried to fix it myself was pointless. So I put that little sad mac out of its misery.
Electronic equipment fails, that's a fact of life. Scanners of all kinds also fail. My vehicle broke down ONCE in the last 6 years, should I get rid of it or should I be happy that it's doing better than other brands? :roll:

Not sure what's your point....

Last edited:

Cowman

poltergeisty said:
Interesting thought.

I want to offer a point.

If I bought a bunch of widgets from company A to make my thing-a-ma-jig and the widget fails. I think "I", the buyer would be at fault. Buyer Beware! Its assumed all know this. From the companies on down to the consumers.

Did you know money takes the form of a contract!

"compensation from Sony"

I would bet the court case wouldn't last too long. :)

I wouldn't expect it to go to court. I would expect Apple to say "Hey, Sony. You sold us some crap batteries. We want compensation or we'll buy our batteries elsewhere and you'll loose a significant amount of business."

Then they'd negotiate...

BoxAlarm187

poltergeisty said:
:roll: :roll: :roll: THAT MAC SUCKS!!! DUHHHHHH:roll: :roll: :roll:
As a PC user for nearly 20 years, I made the switch to Mac about 5 months ago, I don't regret my decision for a second. I'm stuck with a new Dell laptop at work, so I will naturally stay familiar with both platforms, but any more computers (laptop or desktop) that come through my front door will have an Apple logo on them! :D

kikito

Premium Subscriber
poltergeisty said:
:roll: :roll: :roll: THAT MAC SUCKS!!! DUHHHHHH:roll: :roll: :roll:
Just like I thought, you started a thread just to "stir the pot" and ***** about Macs....

It's even an undisputed fact that this "problem" you brought up about Macs is not even Apple's fault nor it was Dell's fault. It's Sony's faulty batteries, period. It even says so in the same article you posted which by the way, Dell had to recall twice as many batteries AND even some laptops, because there's been several incidents of their laptops catching on fire or simply getting damaged by the excessive heat.

So again, what's your point on this thread other than to whine about Macs? :roll:

Just leave it alone and get on with your life if you're so happy with your PC!

.....Hello? What? Oh! You must be rebooting your PC again! :roll: ;)

poltergeisty

kikito said:
Just like I thought, you started a thread just to "stir the pot" and ***** about Macs...
That's right! Welcome to the wonderful world of Poltergeisty. :twisted: :lol: I know your a mac fan so lets put that on the table too. :twisted:

But, I wanted to point out that as there were a couple threads against Dell's, Dell wasn't responsible for the battery issue.

I think mac sucks because you can't run the software that PC use. Yes, macs are now hybrids :roll: I also can't fix the damn things.

basically, Ipod and the Apple computer all suck. Oh so does M$. :lol: They copied mac's latest OS in Vista. :roll: that just pisses me off!

kikito said:
Dell had to recall twice as many batteries....
Because their more popular! :roll:

kikito said:
So again, what's your point on this thread other than to whine about Macs?
Stated already.

kikito said:
Just leave it alone and get on with your life if you're so happy with your PC!
No! why?

BTW I have many PCs :lol:

kikito said:
Hello? What? Oh! You must be rebooting your PC again!

No, you must have a sad mac! :roll:

I never had to "reboot" a PC because of a problem. Generally any problem you may have can be fixed without "rebooting the pc" that is an old thing people did when no one understands how to fix a problem in the first place. "Oh, I'll just reboot" that should fix the problem. :roll:

As mentioned I owed a mac before and believe me, I had my fare share of problems with it! Trouble shooting is a PITA!

Does geek squad fix macs? :lol: Would they really know how? Freak no! There idiots IMO from talking to the collage "know it alls"

You are being brain washed by those commercials. People who generally don't know jack about a computer go to a mac and curse the PC and fall victim to propaganda from Apple's ads.

Last edited:

kikito

Premium Subscriber
poltergeisty said:
First of all, CNET is biased against Apple, that's widely known.....

Second, what they mean about "non-native" software running slow has to do with the new Intel-based Macs architecture and having to obviously use an emulator (in this case Rosetta) in order to run the old IBM Power-PC based software on the new Intel platform. It actually does very well under emulator mode, especially because is very stable and transparent to the user. (Something Windoze could learn from).

That's the only reason that some CPU intensive software (like Photoshop) might run slower on the new Macs, because it's needs to use an emulator for the older architecture-based software. Once the software they supposedly tested on that review gets an Universal or Intel-native version of it, trust me, it won't be slow.

As a side note, did you check out what matters more than CNET's own review on the link you provided? That's right, actual user's feedback. Of over a hundred comments from users, the majority had nothing but positive feedback and most gave it a '9 out of 10' score. Not bad for their bottom line laptops.....

kikito

Premium Subscriber
poltergeisty said:
Who said anything about Photo slop! :lol:

I didn't say YOU mentioned it. I brought it up as an example.

I don't think many gamers really appreciate the mac!
Of course they don't, all they care about is games. I have my game console for that.

Windows could learn from emulators? :lol:
Obviously, you missed the point. Windows could learn about the stability and transparency to the user is what I said. But they could learn from the Rosetta emulator too, as in, it works!

Status
Not open for further replies.