Mac Users -- Sentinel (BCDx36H)

Are you a Apple Mac-based scanner (e.g. OS X Mavericks or earlier)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dirkleas

I scan from a Mac-only household and am struggling with managing my new BCD536HP. As a long-time Parallels virtualization user, I'm currently running latest release of 9.0 and have a 64-bit Window 8.1 virtual machine for my ongoing Windows application needs. I also regularly use it with a wide range of other OSs.

My work-arounds were consistent with others on the Sentinel install, I had to use Winebottler/Wine to get my BCD536HP firmware updated (required accessing the SD card through an adapter, access through the USB cable to scanner directly failed consistently). Wifi Dongle updated under my Win8.1 VM as expected when running as administrator.

So I'm curious, how many other Mac users are there around here? Here's a poll so we can get a sense...

TIA,
Dirk

Last edited:

dirkleas

Looking for Mac user numbers specific to Sentinel -- didn't see a thread providing such. TIA for the link.

bswp

I have a bi-lingual office and home. Would prefer Uniden software on my Macs, but can live with them on windoze machines. The winebottler utility looks to be helpful.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I've reopened the thread since the OP's poll is not available in the other thread.

I for one would be curious as to how many Mac users there are.

Let's keep the thread on topic since most of the issues with running Sentinel on a Mac have already been discussed in the other thread.

Last edited:

wise871

Database Admin
Mac user here. I use parallels to run windows. Once I formatted the SD cards I haven't had any issues. I also setup Signal 500 iMac with Wine and Sentinel software and he hasn't reported any problems to me.

R2

Premium Subscriber
Just got the 436 today. And using Parallels for the first time, following the other thread to see what I can get working.
Sure would be nice to have a native OS 10 Sentinel...

Steve2003

My Primary machine is a Macbook Pro but I have a old PC I use for scanner stuff. I can access it from my MacBook or iOS devices using remote desktop:

Microsoft Launches 'Remote Desktop' Apps for Mac and iOS - Mac Rumors

You can usually get a refurbished PC for fairly cheap these days (doesn't have to be Windows 8). The best thing about remote desktop is you don't need a keyboard/mouse/monitor to remote in (except for initial setup and enabling the remote desktop protocol).

Status
Not open for further replies.