MACC Opens Saturday Morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
LAKEWOOD - If you have ever wondered what it is like deep inside the belly of the White House where the heads of important agencies bunker down during national emergencies, wonder no more.
The U.S. Secret Service will run the Multi Agency Communications Center (MACC) out of the Federal Center in Lakewood to be prepared for anything during the Democratic National Convention.
Inside, 62 different federal, state and local agencies and businesses will watch what is happening at the DNC and spring into action if needed.
Inside, law enforcement agencies will monitor live video cameras of downtown Denver, satellite imagery, and on-the-ground reports to make any necessary decisions.
Some of the federal agencies involved in the MACC include the Secret Service, the FBI, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF), Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), the U.S. Coast Guard, Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Office of Intelligence and Analysis (I&A) and several agencies representing the Domestic Nuclear Detection Office.
Denver Police and other city agencies, the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, state Homeland Security, along with representatives from several public utilities, will also monitor what is going on from the MACC so they too can respond to any emergency.
The MACC center will open at 9 a.m. Saturday and will run 24 hours a day through next Friday at noon.
A similar emergency operations center is planned for St. Paul, Minnesota where the Republican National Convention is being held. The Secret Service spearheads the planning of events classified as National Special Security Events.

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=98166&catid=188

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
I think the security for all this is way out of proportion. Besides, I'm willing to bet they'll just surf the net and accesses myspace and what have you.... :lol:

The Coast Guard and sat imagery??? :lol:

Last edited:

ch40n1k

Fed Center

I can tell you for certain that they're not playing games. I was searched three times in the last 2 days going into the Fed Center. I've been searched ONCE in the last 6 months before this. And it wasn't AMGuard rent-a-cops searching my car this time around ... it was FPS cops with dogs.
FEMA (Bldg 710) has been all kinds of busy with a couple of interesting looking antennas popping up attached to large vans on the property. The FPS mobile command post is sitting at Gate 1 ... and there are all kinds of unmarked "spooky" vehicles driving around the property.
We got an e-mail on Wednesday warning of increased FPS and FBI activity and advised that we would be searched more often than not.

Last edited:

WaveRunner

I have to say, they are taking all this tooooo far. What is the point of the coast guard and the imagery? Isn't there better things to spend money on?

n0doz

Premium Subscriber
Well, they have a choice: go "too far" and risk criticism like yours when nothing happens, or not go far enough and have to explain why they let a catastrophe happen. My guess is they went with the first.

ch40n1k

Well, they have a choice: go "too far" and risk criticism like yours when nothing happens, or not go far enough and have to explain why they let a catastrophe happen. My guess is they went with the first.

DING! We have a winner! ;) I wholeheartedly agree with you ...

Mick

Probably not. I was at the DNC in L.A. in 2000 and it was hectic. There will be many incidents needing all the security you read about. It should be interesting listening for certain.

I think the security for all this is way out of proportion. Besides, I'm willing to bet they'll just surf the net and accesses myspace and what have you.... :lol:

The Coast Guard and sat imagery??? :lol:

dougjgray

If they will be working out of the Federal Center that will explain the Green Mtn Site. I I have only heard a couple thing on thats ite but maybe busier next week

scanner_nut

The Coast Guard has a national strike force that responds to incidents such as major oil and chemical spills, radiological and hazardous materials releases and provides incident command and response management support.

ch40n1k

The Coast Guard has a national strike force that responds to incidents such as major oil and chemical spills, radiological and hazardous materials releases and provides incident command and response management support.

That's good info. I had no idea the Coast Guard had such capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.