Macedonia Dispatch Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerdaddy

Fyi--from the 9/30 edition of the Nordonia Hills News Leader: upgrades to dispatch center to cost city $608,000. City will purchase dispatch equipment/software from Avtec for $168,000, radio equip. From Motorola Solutions Inc. for $360,000, and pay $80,000 for installation services and system parts to B&C Communications. Fire Chief Brian Ripley says operations should be up and running arount the first of Jan 2021 finally!!!
Does not state what system the new 800mhz. system will be on.

Last edited by a moderator:

kf8yk

It will be MARCS-IP

---

3/14/19 ORD. NO. 20 -2019

AN ORDINANCE AUTHORIZING THE MAYOR TO ENTER INTO A USER AGREEMENT WITH THE COUNTY OF SUMMIT AND CITY OF AKRON TO UTILIZE THE SUMMIT COUNTY AKRON REGIONAL RADIO SYSTEM was offered by Mr. Barker and moved Council waive the requirement that it be read by title on three different days, instructing the Clerk to read it by title only for all three readings by title only. Second by Ms. Brandt carried unanimously on a voice vote. Relative to ORD. NO. 20-2019, Mayor Molnar explained the agreement is mandatory. The user fee increased from $12 per unit to $20.

northernsummit

Feed Provider
kf7yk that ordinance you're quoting is quite old and unrelated to the latest three pieces of legislation that funded everything from new dispatch consoles to numerous radios. Mr. Barker is no longer on council and is running for County Sheriff.

Sagamore Hills PD is already on the Macedonia Dispatch talk group for probably over a month now. TG 62759

Radios probably won't be installed until near the end of the year barring any pandemic delays. Only a matter of time before Northfield Village PD follows suit (their FD has been on 800mhz for a long time now). Macedonia's legacy 423.625 repeater will transition to the service department's primary radios so they'll have citywide repeater coverage instead of the simplex VHF referred to as "814"

northernsummit

Feed Provider
Can someone help me choose a radio that will support the Macedonia Police when they go Digital please?
Thank you

They will be on the Ohio MARCS system. You will need either any P25 Phase 1 capable radio such as the Uniden 996T or newer line of scanners, or the handheld equivalent. I might have a GRE-600 for sale soon that would hear them. If you want to go cheap you can buy a RTL-SDR single off amazon and run sdrtrunk on a PC.

However if you intend to carry around a handheld and listen to these systems you’ll want to consider the SDS100 to avoid simulcast issues.

KWs

Premium Subscriber
I have both a Uniden Home Parol -1 and Uniden SDS 200 ... the HP-1 does reasonably well in Summit County but the SDS 200 is like having a “real” radio .. simulcast distortion free.

Raff

Fyi--from the 9/30 edition of the Nordonia Hills News Leader: upgrades to dispatch center to cost city $608,000. City will purchase dispatch equipment/software from Avtec for $168,000, radio equip. From Motorola Solutions Inc. for $360,000, and pay $80,000 for installation services and system parts to B&C Communications. Fire Chief Brian Ripley says operations should be up and running arount the first of Jan 2021 finally!!!
Does not state what system the new 800mhz. system will be on.
Will Macedonia and Northfield Vlg P.D. be on the same talk group as Sagamore ills?(62759)

northernsummit

Feed Provider
Will Macedonia and Northfield Vlg P.D. be on the same talk group as Sagamore ills?(62759)

My personal opinion is it'd create a lot of challenges in dispatch if they had to work different talk groups other than police/fire.

Sagamore is already there and the radio I saw said something that implied they were on Macedonia's primary dispatch TG. When Sagamore came over to Macedonia dispatch they vacated their original PD UHF, so I believe they realize the benefit of all being on the same combined talk group. I can't say it with 100% certainty but I have every reason to believe they'll eventually end up on the same TG once all three communities have the radios.

usmiladim

Thank you to everyone for all your knowledge. I appreciate it. I’m looking into the Uniden Home Patrol either 1 or 2 soon.

usmiladim

kf7yk that ordinance you're quoting is quite old and unrelated to the latest three pieces of legislation that funded everything from new dispatch consoles to numerous radios. Mr. Barker is no longer on council and is running for County Sheriff.

Sagamore Hills PD is already on the Macedonia Dispatch talk group for probably over a month now. TG 62759

Radios probably won't be installed until near the end of the year barring any pandemic delays. Only a matter of time before Northfield Village PD follows suit (their FD has been on 800mhz for a long time now). Macedonia's legacy 423.625 repeater will transition to the service department's primary radios so they'll have citywide repeater coverage instead of the simplex VHF referred to as "814"
Hello Group

After downloading a library update I notice a Macedonia Ohio Police on the MARCS TGRP Post 03
Is this possibly the digital place that I will listen to them once they go live in 2021?

Thanks in advance

Nasby

Hello Group

After downloading a library update I notice a Macedonia Ohio Police on the MARCS TGRP Post 03
Is this possibly the digital place that I will listen to them once they go live in 2021?

Thanks in advance

No. That is the TG for the Highway Patrol Post in Ashland.

usmiladim

So even though Macedonia Police shows MARCS on the radio window, it isn’t true until they truly go live then? I’m attaching a picture of what I saw after a library update.
Thank you

Attachments

• 42003DF6-BADD-46C6-A1DA-1BE9C5C381B6.jpeg
    42003DF6-BADD-46C6-A1DA-1BE9C5C381B6.jpeg
    30.6 KB · Views: 27

kf8yk

So even though Macedonia Police shows MARCS on the radio window, it isn’t true until they truly go live then? I’m attaching a picture of what I saw after a library update.
Thank you

The second line in the display is the name of the scan list, not the talk group or agency being monitored.

You have a custom scan list called 'Macedonia PD/FD' that includes the OSHP Post 3 talkgroup. Display line 5 shows MARCS-IP since the Post 3 talk group is on this system.

The name of the scan list and the TG's/channels contained is completely up to you. Post 3 OSHP Ashland is in your Macedonia scan list because somehow you programmed it that way.

usmiladim

They will be on the Ohio MARCS system. You will need either any P25 Phase 1 capable radio such as the Uniden 996T or newer line of scanners, or the handheld equivalent. I might have a GRE-600 for sale soon that would hear them. If you want to go cheap you can buy a RTL-SDR single off amazon and run sdrtrunk on a PC.

However if you intend to carry around a handheld and listen to these systems you’ll want to consider the SDS100 to avoid simulcast issues.
Would I be safe with the Uniden Home Patrol 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.