Machine gunning, motorboating, beeping

Status
Not open for further replies.

NESN

I have read much here about the problems with Unidens "machine gunning, motorboating & beeping" on certain digital systems. What systems is this occuring on? Motorola, EDACS, LTR, etc? Is it more prevelent on one than the other? I have read here that the upcoming firmware upgrade will help to address this. I am weighing upgrading some equipment to digital and want to know before I buy.

cpuerror

This only happens on P25 transmissions, its not related to the system type. It can happen on either conventional or trunked system. On the 996, you can simply set the channel to digital only mode and you will never hear machine gunning. However, if that channel/tgid shares analog traffic (in my experience rare), you won't hear the analog traffic either.

epersson

Feed Provider
I have set many channels to Digital only, data Skip, and they still get the rancid noise. It isn't all the time and not on all channels but it happens regularly. Distance or signal strength makes no difference.

Viper43

NESN said:
I have read much here about the problems with Unidens "machine gunning, motorboating & beeping" on certain digital systems. What systems is this occuring on? Motorola, EDACS, LTR, etc? Is it more prevelent on one than the other? I have read here that the upcoming firmware upgrade will help to address this. I am weighing upgrading some equipment to digital and want to know before I buy.

The beeping is on EDACS systems, however these issues are all supposed to to be fixed or limited in the firmware release thats supposed to come out today.

GTO_04

To those who were having trouble with the EDACS beeps, I think you will be very happy with the firmware upgrade!

GTO_04

Status
Not open for further replies.