• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

MACom LPE-200 Purchase Decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coverted

Premium Subscriber
I need some quality opinions on what I may be getting myself into. I looking at buying buy a GE
ERICSSON MACom LPE-200 Model:KRD 103 103/A203...LPE-200...800mhz...C56 DSP (AEGIS & PROVOICE), KRD 103 103/A232. It has the c56 processor and 1024kb of ram. Features Include 04,05,06,07,08,12,17,21,23,24,29. After reading up on this model around the Forums I need some help to make a decision. 1) I only want to use this radio in a scanner mode with no transmitting capabilities. 2) I dont think its illegal to monitor my local police services EDACS digital provioce standard channels is it?. Do you think I could go to a local radio tech and have these CC s programmed and transmitting disabled on the unit without the swat team coming to my door? What might the cost be for these services? These are real issues Iam thinking about. I certainly dont have $2500.00 for ProGramming Software that I would use once. I am already in $900.00 for the DSD Method that is more 95%broken up and 5%clear. I recieve the Provincial Police on regular digital Scanners so why not my local Police. I just want to walk a straight line. Any feed back is greatly appreciated. Thank-you

northzone

Premium Subscriber
Quote:

"Do you think I could go to a local radio tech and have these CC s programmed and transmitting disabled on the unit without the swat team coming to my door? What might the cost be for these services? These are real issues Iam thinking about" End Quote

Why don't go to the local radio shop and ask? Seems simple enough. You will get 20 different answers by asking on this forum.

Last edited:

Coverted

Premium Subscriber
Thats a great idea and thats what i will do. I suppose your right and things are probably different all over. Taking into consideration where your from, who you are or who you know and your profession. I check with a local radio shop Thanks. I think that's a good legal way of getting a solid answer on the legalities. Thanks.

Last edited:

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Unfortunately I don't think there is a radio shop out there that will do this. I cant think of any scenario where they would say 'sure, we will throw your radio on there. The police won't mind!'. Of course no harm in trying, but I really don't see it happening.

In all likelihood you will need to do it yourself. The software can be found usually fairly easily and you will need a programing cable. From there I'm sure you can get some pointers for the programming.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Unfortunately I don't think there is a radio shop out there that will do this. I cant think of any scenario where they would say 'sure, we will throw your radio on there.

I tend to agree ... in my experience even trying to buy a battery for such a radio from your local radio shop is something that they will frown upon and promptly kick you out of the door. Programming a radio on a system where you are not an authorized user ... probably the same result just only faster.

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
Getting a shop to program a scanner (let alone a radio to operate as a scanner on the system) would get about the same reaction as trying to get a Ferarri dealer to work on your Pontiac Fiero kit car. From their perspective, look at the liability issue. They dont know you from a hole in the wall, and they are using ProVoice for a reason im sure. So why would they go out of their way to circumvent that protection AND put their customer in that kind of a bind?

VE3RADIO

Yes everything your asking is possible, but no radio shop will do it for you. If you PM me I can make some suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.