• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Macom m7200

Status
Not open for further replies.

hou30guy

Is this a good radio for p25 recieve only, is this radio phase 1 and 2 out of the box new. And which shop can i ship it to to program about 30 to 50 talkgroup. Not sure what software version or what options it has in it currently but it is brand new in the box if that helps

DisasterGuy

Features are ordered ala cart and there's no telling what it has. No reputable shop would program it

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

hou30guy

Why not program it, tow trks get radios programmed all the time. I found a shop that will do 2 systems and 64 talkgroup 75 bucks

DisasterGuy

Why not program it, tow trks get radios programmed all the time. I found a shop that will do 2 systems and 64 talkgroup 75 bucks
Then they aren't a reputable shop. If a shop I have approved to program my system did so for someone off the street they would no longer be programming for us and would have violated their NDA with us. If a shop that doesn't program for us offered to do it they wouldn't have an AAC license for our system and trying to work around that limitation would violate the TOS of their software license with Harris.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

hou30guy

Glad i dodnt buy it too i bought ef johnson 51 es sl hand helds for 60 and programmed for 75 and im winning and if i choose to sell them in a big city like houston i could get 500 to 600 for them all day long

Status
Not open for further replies.