• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Macom P7100 Programming issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

com501

PTT, both side buttons + pwoer on is correct. Make SURE you are pressing all three buttons at the same time. It takes some practice (think Vulcan mind meld!).

kb4cvn

Silent Key
Nowhere near a paved road, away from the maddening
If you hold the two round side buttons, this is the KEY ZEROIZE function to dump the crypto keys in the radio.

If you are seeing this when trying to program the radio, you are not getting the PTT button depressed fully. This is either a pressure issue (not enough !) or a bad PTT button or button flex. The button flex was an problem on early model radios. (I personally have eight radios with this issue !) There is a repair kit or just swap the front cover.

In older flashcode, you had to hold all three buttons on power-up until you got a black fully-pixled screen. In later code when programming, you only needed to have a programming cable attached and hold the two round buttons on power-up until the display said PROGRAM.

NONE OF THE LATER PORTABLE RADIOS STARTING WITH THE J700p WILL GO INTO PROGRAM MODE just by powering-up with a program cable attached. That was a M-RK Series function and ended with that era.

TDR-94

All my P7100/5100 radios go into programming mode after you have the cable connected and the radio is turned on and then hit the program button icon in the software.No 3 key hold required to put the radio into programming mode unless updating the radio firmware or DSP, when prompted during the update process.

You have to have the more recent firmware and DSP in the radio_Older code requires the 3 key press to get into programming mode.

richard630

Premium Subscriber
As far as I know, you don't need to put radio into "program" mode for programming channels/system. If you ready want to force radio to "program" mode. You can assign a "program" menu option on your "programmable menus". After you'v done that, simply navigate to that "program" on your radio menu and push M button.

TDR-94

You have to put a P7100/5100 radio in programming mode if the radio is using any DSP code older than J2R18.

I've actually tried adding the Program function into the radio menu of a P7100/5100 with DSP code J2R18 and it does absolutely nothing,but give you a "boop" tone.

dean2078

P7100 programming help

I have 30 P7100ip radios that need to be programmed I had the city that owns them buy new RPM and RPM2
software and the license required. However when I connect the radio to the computer the program tells me " Radio code/personality is not compatible with this software. Please reprogram"

When I use the older RPM it tells me Error' Radio was programmed with a later version of radio programmer software.

My version of software is R10B07 and the newer version that the city bought is R14C05, is there some thing in between?

com501

I have 30 P7100ip radios that need to be programmed I had the city that owns them buy new RPM and RPM2
software and the license required. However when I connect the radio to the computer the program tells me " Radio code/personality is not compatible with this software. Please reprogram"

When I use the older RPM it tells me Error' Radio was programmed with a later version of radio programmer software.

My version of software is R10B07 and the newer version that the city bought is R14C05, is there some thing in between?

You should be able to log onto the Harris website and upload the newest version for your subscription.

kb4cvn

Silent Key
Nowhere near a paved road, away from the maddening
RPM2 is only for XG/XL radios. RPM 10B is very old. You need the current version of RPM1

A lot of people (myself included) are holding at RPM R10b07, as you can program and monitor P-25 Phase-1 & 2 systems for educational purposes, but not require Harris' incarnation of a SYSTEM KEY, known as AAC.

R11a and later of RPM, and all revisions of RPM2 require a system key.

Status
Not open for further replies.