Macomb County 5 Additional Towers

Status
Not open for further replies.

scsscanner

Premium Subscriber
Counties Macomb & Roscommon MI Sarasota County
Macomb Counties simulcast system has been licensed for the 5 additional towers in the north end to improve coverage. Being in the south end I cant determine if this towers have come on line, any one in the north end know if they are on line? Volunteer Fire tone outs are moving to a simulcast tone out that I believe will be on the same towers. As part of this upgrade Warren will be moving to the Macomb System. Some PD units were talking about the new in car radios and using a car to car channel. Anyone have a TG?

Thanks In Advance
Dennis

scsscanner

Premium Subscriber
Counties Macomb & Roscommon MI Sarasota County
Warren is moving to the Macomb County Public Safety Communications System (MCPSCS) which is part of the Michigan Public Safety Communications System (MPSCS). Several steps have already been taken to accomplish the move to the MCPSCS. Macomb County Government did a budget amendent to upgrade the system includeing Warrens move to the MCPSCS. The Macomb County Sheriff (MASH) dispatch center and 911 are now backed up by Warren in case of failure and Warren now backs up MASH. What is unclear at this time what will happen to the frequencies Warren currently uses? Will they be incorporated into the MCPSCS system since the MCPSCS is a simulcast system or can the MCPSCS handle the additional radio traffic. My best guess is the MCPSCS can handle Warren being added to it. Remember a simulcast system like the MCPSCS broadcasts ALL radio traffic on ALL towers. MCPSCS will have 14 towers in Macomb County.

frankturner98

Premium Subscriber
Greetings!
I'm interested in getting back into scanning within Macomb County.
I'd like to listen to Sheriff, Selfridge and utilities mostly.
Based on your tower comments do you think a Uniden Home Patrol 2 would work?

frankturner98

Premium Subscriber
Thanks freqs!
Your opinion means a lot. I'm done fighting with all that SDR piecemeal stuff.
Looks like I'm <5-miles from that Mt Clemens tower.
I've added the Uniden BCD436HP to my research list.
-Frank-

freqs

we have a issue in Macomb with MPSCS Simulcast Distortion Read up on that before making a decision . ive just found that the 436 or 536 works best for me .I get great reception in Warren 'I get Detroit real good with not much to non breakups same with Macomb Co .

Status
Not open for further replies.