Macomb County, MI MPCSS Alpha Tags ?'s

Status
Not open for further replies.

car7858

I am wondering if anyone has any type of list that tells what each Alpha Tag on my Uniden BCD396XT scanner shows. Some examples are as follwing: 71F911, 902P911 ( I believe this is Chesterfield PD), 713P911, 740P911, 50P911, HVADS, 722P911, 360P911, 765P911, 50PD911, 502F911, and 50RMPD (I believe is Richmond PD). These names show on my scanner when a call comes through instead of a frquency number and some I have been able to tell which PD, etc they are. I recently uploaded about 20 of the closest MPCSS sites through the Mt. Clemens group, along with local freqencies like 866.3750 which I can probably find through the Radio Reference city guides. Thanks!

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Welcome to Radio Reference from a another member in Macomb County!

Click on the link below. It will take you to the Radio Reference Database for Macomb County, MI, that is part of the MPSCS (Michigan Public Safety Communications System).

Scanner Frequencies: Michigan Public Safety Communications System (MPSCS) Trunking System, Statewide, Multi-State

If you scroll past the tower/frequencies, you'll start seeing the Talk Group listings. Here is where you will find the tags you refer to, along with their descriptions.

Bill

w8jjr

Premium Subscriber
Yes you can. But much easier and quicker to use software to change them.

car7858

Jim, Really? By chance, will the Freescan software have the tools to change those alpha tags to whatever the local names are? Would be nice. If not, could you suggest the proper software to make those changes? Thanks.

w8jjr

Premium Subscriber
Thats the one. Upload from radio, type in new info, download to radio.
Much easer than ABC crap on radio keys.

car7858

rocksteady, I clicked that link for the 396xt; I will have to get me a winrar licencse first and I noticed other times in the recent past where I needed that winrar llicense to open other files. Any suggestions on the best place to get that license? Thanks.

car7858

Thanks BigBlue; I see most of the busier freqs and their alpha tags listed in the directory under mpcss. I will be working on uploading them into Freescan, changing them to more rercognisable tags then download back into my scanner. I've learned quite alot from this site & have tons more to go.

car7858

OK, when I open this up & view it, it shows in a very long program because I don't have a winrar license yet. I see the changes though & they are exactly what I want to upload. Do I copy that view from the winrar evaluation copy & paste it in the EZ-Grab function of Freescan? Or ?. Thanks.

rocksteady

Once it's unzipped load freescan and open the unzipped file..pm me and I'll give you my phone number and guide you on the phone

Status
Not open for further replies.