Macomb County Sheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd8ati

Feed Provider
Has anyone noticed today that what appears to be the Macomb County Sheriff dispatch was on the old MSP D2South TG on 2008???

I heard on more then 1 occasion of non-msp units being dispatched to runs within Macomb county. The reason I think its the sheriff is one of the runs was to a home invasion alarm on 28 mile Rd in Ray Twp, in which dispatch was requesting msp for a backup car. Ray Twp is covered by the sheriff. I also heard various transmissions from units around Macomb County.

Anyone have any idea of if this is a move, or was it some kind of temp patch from the sheriff dispatch over to the old D2South?

netfire

I have noticed also! I have been out of town since March 31 and got back tuesday and seen chatter of MCSD on 2008. What's up with that???

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Does a trunker log show a patch? Are RIDs matching up?

mikey60

Pro96Com shows 2313 patched into 2008. My guess is that MSP is shifting cars around and some of them don't have the Macomb Sheriff talkgroup programmed in, so they patched it to a talkgroup those cars to have.

Mike

kd8ati

Feed Provider
Pro96Com shows 2313 patched into 2008. My guess is that MSP is shifting cars around and some of them don't have the Macomb Sheriff talkgroup programmed in, so they patched it to a talkgroup those cars to have.

Mike

Thanks Mike. Been wondering about that for a couple days.

Mikey is right on the money. I believe we will start seeing more of MSP patched in with Macomb County. Not sure when but the Macomb County Sheriff will be phasing out New Haven Police Department. The Chief for New Haven use to work for Sterling Heights PD.

Smac61

Feed Provider
Update on this.

Radios continue to receive MASH on hex 909 (dec 2313) but a first generation GRE scanner I just looked at only receives MASH on 2008 (old D2S MSP)

Could this be related to scanners being "re-banding" capable as some significant upgrades were preformed to site 19 recently approximately coinciding with this trouble...

Thanks,
Smac

enforcement3x

Premium Subscriber
Update for Macomb County Sheriff

50MASH as our radios read are still operating with 909, however, a few months ago on scanners 2313 has had no voices coming across. To continue listening to 50MASH talk group you will need 2008 on your scanner. They have not reprogramed our radios, the only thing that have done was replace the dispatch counsels in dispatch. I believe 50SHPD also changed out their radio consoles. The old ones they had sounded better coming across the air, their new ones seem to echo a little and sound a little garbled.

Status
Not open for further replies.