Macomb County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janellew76

Howdy all
I do not own a scanner but enjoy listening to the live feeds via Broadcastify , what happened to Macomb county feed? Does anyone know if that will be back up & running soon, I miss it 😭😭😭

freqs

None has had a feed in years for the county .Never know when someone wants to set up a feed .
.what agencies are you wanting to hear .

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Someone had a Macomb County PD/FD feed going for about six months recently. It seemed to have a fair amount if distortion in it. The provider didn't identity themselves. I made an attempt to contact them and offer to try and help them improve things but they never replied. Possibly I offended them, I don't know. I still see a Macomb FD feed out there, possibly the same person? For some reason the Macomb PD/Sheriff feeds are short lived. Maybe they're requesting the providers to shut them down each time?

I've considered setting a feed up as I have crystal clear reception, but I'm not willing to dedicate one scanner for dispatch only. That might change in the future depending on my health.

Janellew76

Ya I had noticed whoever ran the feed posted a notice that the feed would be moving week of Oct 30 & you could see the feed channel but it just said Offline after that date. It definitely was several cities ran through it & you really had to listen to try and piece things together of what was where. I’m in the chesterfield area & at one time there was a feed with just chesterfield but that has been long gone 🙁🙁 I’m pretty sure the macomb one covered SCS, eastpointe, Roseville, chesterfield & the sheriffs atleast that’s what I could gather from streets, mile rds & conversation etc.
I’ve thought about purchasing a scanner as we always had one growing up but I wouldn’t even know where to begin or what to get etc lol. I mostly just like to listen to see what’s “ poppin in the neighborhood “
Maybe we’ll get lucky & get to the bottom of this!! For now I just listen to Detroit or Warren but it’s not the same 🙁🙁 Thank you for responding!! 😀😀

None has had a feed in years for the county .Never know when someone wants to set up a feed .
.what agencies are you wanting to hear .
Well I’m in the chesterfield area , I know at one time Chesterfield had a feed but that has been long gone

In fact if I recall and am not mistaken at one time it seemed like each of the cities had their own feeds but then they all merged or something like that? I forget what they did or called it , phase 25 or project 25 something like that , I don’t remember , Does something like that sound correct?
Thanks for the response !! 😀

freqs

Warren and Chesterfield are the only 2 law Enforcement Feeds for the County .
Iam not a big fan of the apps and feeds but I have used them for like 911 listen to that .

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Not sure if he wants to be public but I know the guy who runs it. I believe he is currently moving so it may take him a minute to get it set back up.

Maybe the new location will eliminate the simulcast distortion problem he was having.

Janellew76

Not sure if he wants to be public but I know the guy who runs it. I believe he is currently moving so it may take him a minute to get it set back up.
Ahhhh ok , I know there was a memo posted that the feed would be moving , guess that makes sense then! Well hopefully it’ll be up & running soon lol I miss it !!! I’m sure many other people do also as it always seemed to have many listeners 🤗🤗 I know I will be patiently waiting 👍.
Thanks for responding!! 😀

W8RIT

I've been thinking of setting up a feed, or feeds, via Broadcastify and other methods available with some software I've been using called sdrtrunk . I still need to decide on what talkgroups to setup.

Janellew76

A new feed went up today called Eastpointe, Roseville & Saint Clair Shores - Police/Fire

I sent a message offering assistance if they need any.

I seen that & I noticed it was labeled , Eastpointe Roseville ,SCS - then the name was changed to Eastpointe , SCS & Chesterfield, However I’ve been listening to it & it sounds like it’s Roseville, SCS & Chesterfield based on dispatch & street names etc. Can anyone confirm that it is these 3 cities or is Eastpointe there also? Also do we know by chance if this is the same broadcaster or someone different?
I would like to say Thanks to whomever has the feed set up , especially for having Chesterfield in it , it’s appreciated & I see others listening also so that’s a good thing to see others enjoy it as well.

I know the previous feed also had the Macomb sheriffs with it, Do they have their own feed channel now or how does that work with broadcasting their feed? ( I’m not too familiar with how that operates, just wondering if I should be looking for a certain channel for sheriffs & state police or do they just pop up when they are in the area or something)

Thanks again to whomever runs the feed & thank you all for responding , it’s appreciated greatly 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.