Macomb Simulcast to go online in November

Status
Not open for further replies.

feta92

As for Macomb MedCom they will be doing away with that system effective 1/15/07. They will be utilizing EMS to ER comms the same way Oakland Co. does, via direct call to the ER. Only pri - 1 and 4 pts. will be called in no more pri - 3 on VHF or pri - 2.

jagr707

No 2&3s?

Hang on a sec, Everyone gets called. Pri 2 & 3s will still get called to the hospital but with a "notification only" added when calling. This includes less info, like withholding a full vitals workup , IPS etc. Just state the nature and arrival estimation.

This has to be done because sometimes hospitals go status C or "treat & release"(whatever that is) before you know about it. In this area,only a level 1 TS dosn't care if you call or not (only becaue the most they can do is a status B to some condition).

Anyways I was mentioning that from an Oakland County perspective. So will only Pri 1 and 4's get over the new system? Or will it still be the same with an alert button being pressed with a response of "unit calling" from the hospital? Or will 2&3's just be put over VHF HEAR?

Not criticizing, just curious.

J

seamusg

It looks like they're starting. Mt. Clemens Tower (210) is showing a new neighbor of site 219, with a CC of 867.9875 (nothing on it now), with a status of failed. Mt. Clemens is the only Macomb site showing this.

feta92

jagr707 said:
Hang on a sec, Everyone gets called. Pri 2 & 3s will still get called to the hospital but with a "notification only" added when calling. This includes less info, like withholding a full vitals workup , IPS etc. Just state the nature and arrival estimation.

This has to be done because sometimes hospitals go status C or "treat & release"(whatever that is) before you know about it. In this area,only a level 1 TS dosn't care if you call or not (only becaue the most they can do is a status B to some condition).

Anyways I was mentioning that from an Oakland County perspective. So will only Pri 1 and 4's get over the new system? Or will it still be the same with an alert button being pressed with a response of "unit calling" from the hospital? Or will 2&3's just be put over VHF HEAR?

Not criticizing, just curious.

J

Understand the curiosity. I am a dispatcher for Mac MedCom. This is what they told us no pri 2&3's only 1's and 4's so there fore there is no need for the VHF system. Only for out of county rigs that need the statewide HEAR.

jagr707

Ahh I see

OK I get what your saying. Hehe there won't be a use for the HEAR but remember to leave them in the trucks. Detroit made the mistake of taking theirs out when the 800mhz system came on. Had to buy all new ones because they are required by law.

On a side note, how much power does MedCom use? Are there multiple towers for the system? Asking because I can hear you guys clear to Livingston county most of the time. Usually in a booming "UNIT CALLING MEDCOM...UNIVERSAL ALPHA123 YOUR PATCHED INTO BLAH BLAH" Oakland county's HEAR system just uses the standard freq with each hospital having a PL tone. Or you can use System 1 county wide trunking(STATIC!). Both kind of suck IMHO.

So OK, are the EMS agencies just going to be notified of status B and C conditions? And I take it each hospital will have their own TG. Or they can run it like HEMS. Just will have a good laugh when this comes online before the Oakland MA-COM system.

J

Last edited:

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
I can actually hear the data channel on 868.9875 out here where I live. However, it's down in the noise, but readable. I am sure there will have to be a lot of fine tuning over the next 30 days, as the system is debugged, and burned in to detect any faulty components. Nonetheless, its great to hear this system finally online.

73's

Ron

netfire

At 7:20pm the T/G 2999 channel "4" was being use by techs. Med Star Ambulance is on MPSCS T/G 2841. St. Clair County is using the system for med channel also. I would say yes to see Macomb to use it for med com also. " Time will tell"!

seamusg

Thunderbolt said:
I can actually hear the data channel on 868.9875 out here where I live. However, it's down in the noise, but readable. I am sure there will have to be a lot of fine tuning over the next 30 days, as the system is debugged, and burned in to detect any faulty components. Nonetheless, its great to hear this system finally online.

73's

Ron
Mt Clemens site 210 was listing it's neighbor as 219 with CC of 867.9875, did hear a lot of testing on this freq, now showing up as 868.9875 and as a neighbor of Mt. Clemens (210).
Romeo is showing a CC of 868.1625. Also 219 is showing an alt cc of 868.2625.

wjf

seamusg said:
Mt Clemens site 210 was listing it's neighbor as 219 with CC of 867.9875, did hear a lot of testing on this freq, now showing up as 868.9875 and as a neighbor of Mt. Clemens (210).
Romeo is showing a CC of 868.1625. Also 219 is showing an alt cc of 868.2625.

How do you, with whatever equipment you have, show a "neighbor"?

I have a Uniden 396.

seamusg

wjf said:
How do you, with whatever equipment you have, show a "neighbor"?

I have a Uniden 396.
I have a PRO96. Pro96com will show the neighbors of a tower, pluss all the other goodies. If you get trunker software and a tap on your scanner you might be able to see it.
See attached.

Last edited:

briano

Macomb Co. activity and TG

Heard many radio checks about 20 min. ago.
Display showed a TG of 1039 for all transmissions. some were clean, some were rather broken, ( listening from 23 & Gratiot area )
heard on freqs. 867.650 867.7373 866.1375 866.1875 866.375 866.425 866.4315 866.7625
activity still going on, but much weaker & broken.

briano

How about a sticky for new macomb county system

How about starting a new sticky ( i don't know how) for exchanging info about the new Macomb County Sheriff system due to go live 11-1 ( or maybe sooner) ---

I just heard on TG 2313 "Checking the main channel, 50P911"

Previous to this, i have only heard weak chat & possible dispatcher training on 2313. now it looks like it might be the main TG. The naming is consistant.

other testing i have heard was on: 2391 1039 1425 2313 2659

seamusg

briano said:
How about starting a new sticky ( i don't know how) for exchanging info about the new Macomb County Sheriff system due to go live 11-1 ( or maybe sooner) ---

I just heard on TG 2313 "Checking the main channel, 50P911"

Previous to this, i have only heard weak chat & possible dispatcher training on 2313. now it looks like it might be the main TG. The naming is consistant.

other testing i have heard was on: 2391 1039 1425 2313 2659
What CC are you using?

briano

right now it is 868.2625 showing T0213
this, and other freqs have been posted earlier in this thread.
& stronger signal than previous days...

seamusg

briano said:
right now it is 868.2625 showing T0213
this, and other freqs have been posted earlier in this thread.
& stronger signal than previous days...
The only reason I asked was that I've not seen TG 2313 Affiliate with site 219 have only seen it denied. I logged an attempt at 15:28 and 15:29, with both denied. Right noe it looks like they only allow the radios their testing to affiliate.

Status
Not open for further replies.