Macomb Simulcast to go online in November

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB8UYC

Premium Subscriber
seamusg said:
Most likely not, MPSCS does not allow any for profit on their system.

Seamusg....this is not entirley true.........Monroe County Med Control is on the MPSCS system so it is possible...though they probably dont want a lot of it....

seamusg

SEMTTP said:
Seamusg....this is not entirley true.........Monroe County Med Control is on the MPSCS system so it is possible...though they probably dont want a lot of it....
from what I have read in the past , the for profit Amb serv's can't use MPSCS, only the local EMS cities.

bigbluemsp

seamusg said:
from what I have read in the past , the for profit Amb serv's can't use MPSCS, only the local EMS cities.

Tri EMS is a profit EMS Service and they use the MPSCS system

kc8bdk

Premium Subscriber
There has been a rumor for some time that they want to do away with the MedCom system in Macomb County. As of right now, Mount Clemens Regional (general) is where all the calls come into, and get passed to the respective hospitals. Mount Clemens Regional has footed the majority of the costs associated with operation as well.

The last I heard, the MedCom system WILL be going to the Macomb County sub-system... but of course, no official date was given.

This is something that has been talked about... and talked about... lets see if it happens this time. IF this does happen, it will be a MAJOR tech improvement over what is currently in place!!!

RadioRon

How happy are the EMS providers about having to go to the State system since you still have to have the VHF radio for 155.340? Not only do you have to buy a new radio to use the system, isn't the State going to charge an annual fee for the system access.

When Detroit swithed over to their system some brainchild removed all the VHF radios from EMS. They have now bought all new VHF to reinstall so they meet MEDCOM requirememnts.

Hoofy

I believe that about all the ambulance services in the Western U P are on MPSCS. Houghton and Keweenaw Counties are covered by Mercy Ambulance and it is owned by Marquette General Hospital. Mercy uses several tg.
In fact I believe that the local 911 phone tax paid for all the 800 radios for the ambulance service before it was sold to MGH.

seamusg

babyreb said:
doese any one know what the control channel will be or will they be t020u mt clemens mpscs tower
If you mean Tower 210 by t020u (do you mean T020a), most likely not, from what I heard today site 210 will stay in place enen if it goes offline.

babyreb

seamusg said:
If you mean Tower 210 by t020u (do you mean T020a), most likely not, from what I heard today site 210 will stay in place enen if it goes offline.
well i ask wrong will they use mt clemens richmond and the 1 iheard about in sterling hgts and what the control channels mite be

kc8bdk

Premium Subscriber
The Mount Clemens tower 210 will stay online in addition to the 9 new towers that make up the macomb county subsystem tower 299.

Reason being, there will be users that need to access the MPSCS system that will not be allowed to access the subsystem towers due to "bandwidth considerations".

The control channels have not been released or discovered yet. If the switch over is due as soon as stated, the CC freqs will be online soon. I've tried to find out via my contacts at radio repair with no luck. They arent positive what of the 17 freqs will be used yet.

seamusg

bigbluemsp said:
Its coming off the Richmond Tower......... Least thats where i'm getting them from
That's not the new Macomb Simulcat . That's the current MPSCS system. Their radios will work on any MPSCS site, so their only using new radios, not the new system.

bigbluemsp

seamusg said:
That's not the new Macomb Simulcat . That's the current MPSCS system. Their radios will work on any MPSCS site, so their only using new radios, not the new system.

I know but only recently did they start using them and did their TG IDs show up

Status
Not open for further replies.