Macomb Township Fire Dispatch weak audio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WQWD609

Premium Subscriber
Yes. Low audio at times and static. I'm just a mile away from on tower and it's driving me nuts. Sometimes it's perfect but other times I can bearly make out what they are saying. I'm listening to the analog freq if that matters.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Yes. Low audio at times and static. I'm just a mile away from on tower and it's driving me nuts. Sometimes it's perfect but other times I can barely make out what they are saying. I'm listening to the analog freq if that matters.

I'm monitoring them on the MPSCS P25 digital system, so no static. But if I get low audio on digital and you're getting low audio on analog, it's an audio level issue not an RF one. Either that or they have a dispatcher that speaks at a very low level or too far from the microphone. I'm surprised the firemen aren't complaining.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
What I have done here on the radios for Saginaw city-county police, fire dispatches and also Iosco county police dispatch that are always lower volumes is to turn on audioboost for those talkgroups on whistler-rs radios and bumped the volume by +1 on Unidens. The volume on those sound more normal.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
What I have done here on the radios for Saginaw city-county police, fire dispatches and also Iosco county police dispatch that are always lower volumes is to turn on audioboost for those talkgroups on whistler-rs radios and bumped the volume by +1 on Unidens. The volume on those sound more normal.

I think the Mac-Twp filre problem will go away, it just started very recently. MSP Post 21 I beleive it is, on the other hand is way too loud! I'm going have to adjust that one.

CP285

Premium Subscriber
Well what I heard was that MTFD moved their Comms to the tower at 23 mile and card roads, and that they are aware of the issue with static.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Well what I heard was that MTFD moved their Comms to the tower at 23 mile and card roads, and that they are aware of the issue with static.

Is the audio from their analog system with all it's faults passed off to the digital system? If so it sure seems an odd way of implementing it. I picture a microphone from the P25 transmitter sitting in front of the speaker on the analog receiver! :giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.