Macon-bibb county Georgia

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjbjr

Seems my scanner isnt picking anything up for some reason. I uploaded from the database and what I have been running for months and months and Im not picking up anything. anybody have any ideas?

RRR

Premium Subscriber
I think there are a couple of new control channels jumping around, now you hear it, now you don't....

mjbjr

I think there are a couple of new control channels jumping around, now you hear it, now you don't....
I heard they were changing some stuff around (Channel 1 to precient 1,Channel 2 precient 2 etc etc) could this be the cause?

Also any ideas on how to fix this?

KD4YGG

Database Admin
The 700Mhz Monroe County simulcast portion of this system is now up and running.

Database has been updated accordingly.

Any help in identifying talkgroups would be appreciated.

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Have you tried searching 851-861 Mhz to see if there's a new control channel???

Sounds like you are missing something in the programming

Have they switched to Phase II, which your PRO-197 can't decode???

RRR

Premium Subscriber
The 700Mhz Monroe County simulcast portion of this system is now up and running.

Database has been updated accordingly.

Any help in identifying talkgroups would be appreciated.

The Monroe county system is NOT being used yet, it will still be a little while before it is. It has been operational/in service since June, with the control channel booming.

mjbjr

I have not searched,I dont know how honestly. Ill have to try this afternoon.

Phase II, I have no idea and didnt think about it. I havent kept up with this stuff in years. I just kept mine running and as long as i didnt get a report,I never bothered it

mjbjr

i came home for lunch and see all these coming across scanning and coming in fine. This was just a few minutes of listening

RRR

Premium Subscriber
I think there are a couple of freqs that we haven't gotten that are rotated out. All those you have listed, I have had in my 'P2 for several months. I don't live in Bibb county, I pass thru and sometimes work there several times a month, and notice the same thing happening.

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Can someone run PRO96COM on the system's control channel and provide a listing of what it shows?

Also, is the old TDMA-X2 "city" system still on the air?

I'm guessing they've switched things up a bit, and things need to be confirmed via "boots on the ground".

I'm only through Macon 3-4 times a year as well.

Last edited:

KD4YGG

Database Admin
mjbjr

It looks like you are missing 854.0625 based on your listing of active frequencies from 03-Jan-2017.

I'm still curious as if the old "city" X2-TDMA system is operating, or if it's been folded into the CGIRS system.

mjbjr

mjbjr

It looks like you are missing 854.0625 based on your listing of active frequencies from 03-Jan-2017.

I'm still curious as if the old "city" X2-TDMA system is operating, or if it's been folded into the CGIRS system.
Everything i found is/was entered in the scanner.

I only listened for a few minutes to write those down. But i checked to make sure and its listed as being in the scanner. I dont know much about scanners nor do i know if i can search somehow

Last edited:

charlesdotcc

Hey mjbjr, has it been working since now? Just curious .. I just saw this thread now.

Everything i found is/was entered in the scanner.

I only listened for a few minutes to write those down. But i checked to make sure and its listed as being in the scanner. I dont know much about scanners nor do i know if i can search somehow

mjbjr

Well I havent listened to much actually,but havent gotten any reports. I uploaded the old MPD frequencies on a different channel and have it running with the BSO (Interoperable) and the scanner is picking both up (I see the screen go back and forth). So for now I assume it is working......

N9JIG

Sheriff
I had a caller today tell me that the Monroe County Sheriff and the local police in Forsythe PD have switched to the digital system. Anyone have TG info yet?

mjbjr

I had a caller today tell me that the Monroe County Sheriff and the local police in Forsythe PD have switched to the digital system. Anyone have TG info yet?
They are all on to Georgia interoperable system now I think

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

charlesdotcc

Looking at the output of Pro96Com today I see two other general sets of talkgroups besides the known IDs already listed under CGIRRS for Macon/Bibb:

- 32 IDs in the range 1001 to 1174, and
- 58 IDs between 65102 and 65200

Dunno if that's them or not. I'm also listening to a Bibb Co. site which has a different "RFSS" and "Site ID" from the Monroe Co. sites as listed in the database, so I'm not sure if I'd even see them or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.