Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Can anyone confirm that this is indeed a true Project 25 system vs. a Smartzone system? We've got folks complaining that their HomePatrols aren't picking up the City of Macon Pollice department.

Macon-Bibb County Public Safety (Project 25) Trunking System, Macon, Georgia - Scanner Frequencies

The talkgroups on this system look very similar to Type II type entries - any ideas?

Is anyone monitoring this system?

This system was purchased, installed and never used.
The old mixed mode system is currently what both Macon city and Bibb county currently use. Macon PD/EMS are digital, county fire and SO are analog TG's.

Macon bought the Astro 25 system with grant money in 2006, but never acquired compatible subscriber radios to use it. Another Georgia classic case of wasting taxpayer funds.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
So this system is the one that us currently being used?

Macon / Bibb County Trunking System, Macon, Georgia - Scanner Frequencies

..and we need to delete this system from the database?

Macon-Bibb County Public Safety (Project 25) Trunking System, Macon, Georgia - Scanner Frequencies

Interesting that the P25 system entry above has different talkgroups than the Smartzone system, and it has a system ID entry of 1B6 - where did that/those come from?

b7spectra - you were the one that made most of the updates on the sytem, care to chime in?

charlesdotcc

The audio feed down there is running a Pro-106. Is there any way to tell from the radio what sort of system it's receiving?

My understanding coincides with MTS2000des - the P25 system is still around, it just has no activity. Maybe the system should still exist in the database but with the note that the system is not in use. I guess those notes don't make into those pre-programmed scanners like the HP and PSR-800, which might be what's confusing people, eh?

-Charles

Last edited:

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I checked the submission history of that P25 system and it appears that it was entered in error. I've updated everything in Bibb County to the correct entries and we should be good to go now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.