Macon-Bibb gone silent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight51

I believe that Macon-Bibb SO has gone encrypted. At least that’s how it appeared when I attempted to scan them on the SDS100. Not sure about Fire, but the one talk group that did pop up appeared encrypted as well. Anyone else seeing this also?

relicwr

Premium Subscriber
I believe the Guy Paine Rd. tower is down. Maybe it got struck by lightning from one of the recent storms? I had to isolate Monroe in my G5 just to officially determine that. Around Sardis Church and Skipper, it's difficult to get the other towers on site 10 until you get to Hartley Bridge around the schools.

relicwr

Premium Subscriber
I believe that Macon-Bibb SO has gone encrypted. At least that’s how it appeared when I attempted to scan them on the SDS100. Not sure about Fire, but the one talk group that did pop up appeared encrypted as well. Anyone else seeing this also?
Do you have TGs put in or are you on a wildcard? Are you in the south part of the county?

Knight51

To the south of Bibb. Have all the SO TGs programmed in but the only ones I ever hear are District 3 and District 4 dispatch.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Bibb county is not encrypted in general (a few spec units are) but wow are they having radio issues

gadep

Premium Subscriber
I had heard a few days ago after a storm had passed through on the 23rd of July that a tower had gone down after a lightning strike. and GEMA had put something on Facebook saying that they went out along with some partners assisting after a tower was struck by lightning. would that have something to do with everything that's been going on

RRR

Premium Subscriber
I was in the area for about an hour, and almost everybody had to repeat themselves several times, sometimes they would cut off mid-transmission.

Williams comm. has some work to do it seems.

But for the most part, it is a reliable system. Everything is going to have issues at times, and it is not a normal occurance.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
To the south of Bibb. Have all the SO TGs programmed in but the only ones I ever hear are District 3 and District 4 dispatch.

There has been some consolidation of TG's, and some have shuffled around.

relicwr

Premium Subscriber
I don't even know what all of the TGs are. Fire is easy. The jail, the 2 MTA, but I could never determine BSO or Monroe's entirely.

gadep

Premium Subscriber
I don't even know what all of the TGs are. Fire is easy. The jail, the 2 MTA, but I could never determine BSO or Monroe's entirely.
I have a list of TG's that I have found myself off of the Monroe Simulcast. but I have a general view and idea of how the system TG numbering is worked out by county

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Well, first, it isn't a "City of Macon" Radio system.

The only "upgrades needed" are getting the radios and system in general up to Phase 2. The current Harris system in place is not an obsolete radio system by far. Their "Manufacturing company" is a ridiculous statement. Aren't news reporters good at getting the facts? No big deal, but to those who know, it is cringeworthy.

Facts- It is a Harris simulcast system, with service to the system performed by Williams Communications.

There isn't anything holding them back from full Phase 2 deployment but not wanting to spend the money.

And that's some real high hopes about "going to cellular" from the "Macon city manager" (Macon and Bibb county consolidated years ago)

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
When I'm in Macon and listen to the system some of the talkgroups sound loud than others especially BCSO dispatch half of the time I have to turn the volume down when the dispatcher talks. Some talkgroups sound better than other talkgroups especially on Phase 1.

mjbjr

When I'm in Macon and listen to the system some of the talkgroups sound loud than others especially BCSO dispatch half of the time I have to turn the volume down when the dispatcher talks. Some talkgroups sound better than other talkgroups especially on Phase 1.
This might be my fault. The volume got turned up on the scanner when i was moving it. Ive turned it down a little. Let me know

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
This might be my fault. The volume got turned up on the scanner when i was moving it. Ive turned it down a little. Let me know

I am using my Uniden SDS200 scanner to listen to them still having the same issue with some of the talkgroups being low and loud in volume.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Headsets. Got a 3 million dollar radio system, and some dispatchers like the $20 headsets, and you can tell the difference.

That's on P25 / DMR and NXDN systems all over.

Status
Not open for further replies.