Macon Ga Police Department

Status
Not open for further replies.

wemaberon

I have owned 2 Home Patrol 1 scanners for about 6 months. I live in Macon, Ga and the scanners will not recieve the Macon Police Dept. The Macon Police Dept.operates on Project 25 (P25) and the frequencies and talk groups that are listed, are programmed into both scanners. Does anyone have any ideas about why I cannot recieve Macon, Ga Police Dept.? I recieve Macon Bibb County Fire Dept, Bibb Sheriffs Office and surrounding counties without any problems.

mjbjr

Im sorry i cannot help you out,considering i provide the MPD feed. I dont know much about scanners. But if i can be of assistance somehow,please let me know.

wemaberon

Home Patrol Macon Police Dept

Thanks for your reply. Are you using the same MACON POLICE DEPT. frequencies and talk group numbers listed in Radio Reference for your live audio feed ? Thanks

mjbjr

I used psrEDIT to upload everything.I thing they pull from RR buy not 100 percemt sure.I listen to it daily via my blackberry

wemaberon

Yes, I'm getting Macon Police Dept. now, but I lost Macon- Bibb Co. Fire Dept. and Bibb County Sheriff Dept. I'm sure Radio Reference Technicians will get it worked out.

wemaberon

The Technicians at Radio Reference have resolved the problems with the Macon-Bibb County database, and my Home Patrol-1 scanners are working great. I can now recieve all Macon-Bibb County Public Safety Departments. I appreciate the efforts of everyone at Radio Reference who were involved in resolving this problem.
Thanks!

jayl53

I Have Same Issue - How To Resolve?

wemaberon, I have the same issue of not being able to monitor Macon Police on my HomePatrol. Can you share how your issue was resolved so that I may also be able to monitor their frequencies?

Thanks !!

wemaberon

Hp-1

You should have Homepatrol Sentinal downloaded in your computer. Be sure you have upgraded to new version 2. I always go to SENTINAL and click Update: Update firmware, then update Master HPDB. After doing that I always go to HOMEPATROL in Sentinal and click Write to Homepatrol.
If you download the most recent updates you should be able to recieve all Macon-Bibb County safety agencies.

Check menu for Service Types and be sure you have selected the proper agencies that you want to hear.
Hope this helps.

jayl53

Issue Resolved - Thanks !!

I had already updated the firmware & the database and had written to the HP-1 earlier today, as you suggested, but still had no luck. After reading your reply, I went back and checked my Favorite list I was using and realized I did not let the update change what I had selected. I created a new favorite list that has the updated Macon database info and now I can recieve all of the Macon channels with no problem.

Much thanks for your posts that let me know that it was possible to monitor these channels with the HomePatrol - I had always thought that it just was not able to recieve them.

All is well now, and I thank you again !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.