made to take it

Status
Not open for further replies.

bill44

one thing about the psr 600 it was made to take it ,my radio has gone out the window severl times ,fist slamed & up against the wall ,cant get it to progam other than con,but it was made to take a beating and keep on ticking

ScanTheFreqs

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
its too bad the psr500 shuts off every time it sees a decent bump

DickH

one thing about the psr 600 it was made to take it ,my radio has gone out the window severl times ,fist slamed & up against the wall ,cant get it to progam other than con,but it was made to take a beating and keep on ticking

If I had such an uncontrollable temper, I wouldn't tell everyone. LOL

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber

Just curious, how has you scanner managed to "go out the window", several times no less! :confused:

I've been scanning for years, and never had a scanner go out a window, or anything else!

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
I am going to guess that it's been sitting on a car's dashboard and exits the window during sharp turns :)

But after all of this, if it won't program anything else except for conventional, is it really "taking it"?

Sounds like it is broken to me...

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
its too bad the psr500 shuts off every time it sees a decent bump

I just gave mine several hard bangs and it never turned off. Sounds like you might have a cold solder joint in the unit. Is it still under warranty? If it is, you might want to have that looked into before it's not because it will only get worse.

Dubbin

Feed Provider
I am going to guess that it's been sitting on a car's dashboard and exits the window during sharp turns :)

And I'll guess that hes pissed off at it and is using the expression of throwing it out a window. The comment of "fist slamed & up against the wall" kind of gave it away.

ScanTheFreqs

Banned
I just gave mine several hard bangs and it never turned off. Sounds like you might have a cold solder joint in the unit. Is it still under warranty? If it is, you might want to have that looked into before it's not because it will only get worse.

well hell, thanks for making me worry
it doesnt shut off completly, it just goes to the "low voltage replace batteries" screen. i swear ive heard of that happening to someone else on here

can anyone else comment on this?

Last edited:

Lakotawolf

Banned
That happens to me. Only when i unplug the charger from my unit without turning it off first or if i bump it hard.

kd7ckq

You must throw like a Girl!!! :)
How about some pics? It has got to have some battle damage.

Sounds like you are trying to program by hand. It is nice to use software so you can kind of see the big picture. Don't beat your poor scanner, it's innocent.

Yeah, used GRE scanners are junk I guess, that's why 18 year old Pro-2006's still sell for upwards of $200 on ebay, old junk. People are still paying close to $100 for the old Pro-2004/5 as well. Now to be fair, those are from the Japanese era, but still, the 2006 would be the first inductee if there was a scanner "hall of fame". On top of that the 96 and 2096 are probably the best values in digital scanners, with a great track record.

Now the BCD996T if I remember correctly, had a display backlight that had a mind of its own and changed brightness at will...but that is another story.

bill44

hard to program

i am not stupid i did not realy trough the radio out the window or fist slame it,iwanted too,the manual says
it the eseyest radio to program,iam trying by hand with no luck ,i do not understane downloading files so win600 is out ,someday i will get it
bill

DickH

i am not stupid i did not realy trough the radio out the window or fist slame it,iwanted too,the manual says
it the eseyest radio to program,iam trying by hand with no luck ,i do not understane downloading files so win600 is out ,someday i will get it
bill

If you would ask logical, well thought out questions, someone might help you. Learning how to spell and type might help, too.
Also, read the manual slowly and carefully and follow it step by step.

bill44

i have been trying to get help sence march,all i get is you are in the wrong form or a smart ass *****ing about the spelling

bee

I believe you are, in the "wrong form"!

What kind of "form" is your scanner in, now?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.