Madison 3 Site 700 P25 TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Anyone hear anything?

The current fire chief is the point of contact for all communications licensing in town. Police, fire, DPW, BOE, anything. I believe he has been for years, even prior to being chief.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
@r60 Do you know the status of the system? Has there been any physical work at all on any level to date, or is it still hopes and dreams?

rr60

Premium Subscriber
@r60 Do you know the status of the system? Has there been any physical work at all on any level to date, or is it still hopes and dreams?

I do not. I have not been to Shanghi Jazz otherwise I would have snooped.

Conjecture is a professional services contract got them this far (a 3 site system) on paper.
That is cheap money compared to the next step.

Now that a license is issued, more consulting, proposals, bids, and lastly a bond ordinance. In municipal time that would be all of 2021.

My sometimes fuzzy memory tells me the Rose City has quite a number of departments AND utilities. That likely means a fair number of subscriber radios and expense.

Just a WAG Q1 Q2 2022 IF budget issues don’t pop up. We shall see.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
So noted. I asked cause it wouldn't be the first time Madison started something first, then did the paperwork later.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
My little brother had some conversations this morning and went for a drive this afternoon. This is what he came up with:

1. No emissions on any of the frequencies. (Didn't expect any.)
2. All three sites now have 700MHz sticks mounted.
3. Kings Road should be fully installed.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
My little brother had some conversations this morning and went for a drive this afternoon. This is what he came up with:

Clearly ”little brother” is not a spectator. I suspect he may not mind the cold weather like you and I. More on this when warmer weather returns.:cool:

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Clearly ”little brother” is not a spectator. I suspect he may not mind the cold weather like you and I. More on this when warmer weather returns.:cool:

Sean never has been.

As to minding the cold? It's 17F, with 33kt NE winds and a 2F windchill here right now. And I'm loving it. lol.

rr60

Premium Subscriber

Was that way today. From up on the hill, not far from KMMU runway 23 departures nothing heard at all on the four Madison frequencies. Brought UT with me but did not boot it as nothing OTA. Will BOLO from time to time.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
I love how ONE TOWN, which is not even that big, is building out their own TRS. Parsippany just did that, only to have half the fire departments stay with or switch back to County. Even Hanover, who just updated to P25 (encrypted) had the Fire Department leave for County and not return. All this money spent and Joe taxpayer doesn't make a peep.

Markscan

Premium Subscriber
I love how ONE TOWN, which is not even that big, is building out their own TRS. Parsippany just did that, only to have half the fire departments stay with or switch back to County. Even Hanover, who just updated to P25 (encrypted) had the Fire Department leave for County and not return. All this money spent and Joe taxpayer doesn't make a peep.
Verona was like that. Their old EDACS system had 30 talkgroups for a town that is 2.2 square miles. And we mostly used the same 3 talkgroups and never used the others. Thank God that waste of money is gone, so our politicians can waste it somewhere else.

slingshot202

Feed Provider
I don't think Joe Taxpayer has a clue.

I hate that Hanover PD moved......I use to listen to them, but not anymore. LOL

rr60

Premium Subscriber
I must say, Morris last request (this spring) for another extension was real cool. Factual w not a mention of COVID. Something to be said for that. Kudo’s Morris.😁

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Status
Not open for further replies.