Madison 3 Site 700 P25 TRS

RadioDitch

Expatriate Member
Premium Subscriber
Anyone hear anything?
The current fire chief is the point of contact for all communications licensing in town. Police, fire, DPW, BOE, anything. I believe he has been for years, even prior to being chief.

Reactions: r60

RadioDitch

Expatriate Member
Premium Subscriber
@r60 Do you know the status of the system? Has there been any physical work at all on any level to date, or is it still hopes and dreams?

r60

Premium Subscriber
@r60 Do you know the status of the system? Has there been any physical work at all on any level to date, or is it still hopes and dreams?
I do not. I have not been to Shanghi Jazz otherwise I would have snooped.

Conjecture is a professional services contract got them this far (a 3 site system) on paper.
That is cheap money compared to the next step.

Now that a license is issued, more consulting, proposals, bids, and lastly a bond ordinance. In municipal time that would be all of 2021.

My sometimes fuzzy memory tells me the Rose City has quite a number of departments AND utilities. That likely means a fair number of subscriber radios and expense.

Just a WAG Q1 Q2 2022 IF budget issues don’t pop up. We shall see.

RadioDitch

Expatriate Member
Premium Subscriber
So noted. I asked cause it wouldn't be the first time Madison started something first, then did the paperwork later.

RadioDitch

Expatriate Member
Premium Subscriber
My little brother had some conversations this morning and went for a drive this afternoon. This is what he came up with:

1. No emissions on any of the frequencies. (Didn't expect any.)
2. All three sites now have 700MHz sticks mounted.
3. Kings Road should be fully installed.

r60

Premium Subscriber
My little brother had some conversations this morning and went for a drive this afternoon. This is what he came up with:

1. No emissions on any of the frequencies. (Didn't expect any.)
2. All three sites now have 700MHz sticks mounted.
3. Kings Road should be fully installed.
Clearly ”little brother” is not a spectator. I suspect he may not mind the cold weather like you and I. More on this when warmer weather returns.:cool:

RadioDitch

Expatriate Member
Premium Subscriber
Clearly ”little brother” is not a spectator. I suspect he may not mind the cold weather like you and I. More on this when warmer weather returns.:cool:
Sean never has been.

As to minding the cold? It's 17F, with 33kt NE winds and a 2F windchill here right now. And I'm loving it. lol.