Madison Co S4

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfoutch

Premium Subscriber
Hay guys, have you noticed, all amb/Medic > hospital ER traffic is now on Med 1. Med 2 & Med 3 are patched to Med 1. (Can't remember what channel to use or what) Pro96Com patch tab shows a continuous Add and Remove.

west-pac

If you log the RIDs you could cross reference them from other known and used TGs.

west-pac

TG 48036 is shown on RR as a TAG: RECOVERY. It says: Lost radios are dynamically affiliated here.

Interesting. So instead of bricking a radio and potentially taking a permanent monetary loss, they force it to this TG, in an attempt to notify the authorized user they have the wrong radio; or in the case of a stolen radio, system admins can work their magic in an attempt to locate/recover it?

dfoutch

Premium Subscriber
I had taken a nap (as old people do) had gotten up and saw this tg being used, set the scanner to listen, heard the man tell someone about a green butten to push to "talk to me", no return.

west-pac

I wonder if they've ever recovered a missing radio. I've never seen or heard of a 'recovery' TG before.

west-pac

Looking over the Madison county callsigns for the IDPS system, it looks like Pendleton, Alexandria, and Chesterfield may have 1 protected frequency on the system just for their individual radio towers/areas. Is that correct? As I was writing this I found the Elwood callsign, that isn't even listed in the RRDB. I don't listen to, or normally watch this system on DSD+, but I find this interesting, and I'm wondering if anyone can confirm this, and if my assumptions are correct.

KNNF707 Anderson
.4625 and .2625 frequencies

KNNL584 Pendleton

WPKK786 Alexandria

KAJ572 Chesterfield

WPNQ523 Elwood

Does the BSI always identify on 855.2125, or am I only seeing that because that is the tower I am receiving?... Alexandria is the closest to my location.

Are the smaller town's radio traffic generally on their respected frequencies? All of the radio traffic I've been seeing has been on the Anderson frequencies.

What does all of this mean?

west-pac

As I posted that comment I finally saw TG 48001 in use on 857.1375 (Elwood) without the Anderson frequencies being in use. I wonder if that unit was being received by the Elwood tower at that point.

dfoutch

Premium Subscriber
(If I remember correctly)
The licenses shown were issued pre S4, and were for for those frequencies shown only. Those frequencies were put in the S4 pool, except for Chesterfields frequency (used for public works) The callsign KNNL707 was for the county LTR sys and was carried forward. To make it right with the FCC each lic was modified with all Locations & frequencies added. Anderson kept there frequencies to them selves.

Why the use of a single freq on a single tower, I don't know. Should not happen.

west-pac

I was thinking along the lines.... all of the towers output all of the FB frequencies for the system in the county, but if the Alexandria tower (WPKK786) is the only tower that has the input frequency 810.2125, then only when a unit is in the Alexandria area (affiliated to that tower) would the 855.2125 freq be used; essentially creating a protected channel for the Alexandria area. The same would hold true for the rest of the outlying towers (Pendleton, Elwood) using the frequency for their area (KNNL584, WPNQ523).

Would that work?

dfoutch

Premium Subscriber
I receive from MLK. (South Side of Anderson) all Elwood Summitville And Alexandria traffic . 5 Towers, all one big repeater. You would hear all Ingalls Pendleton Markleville Lapel traffic In Elwood & Alexandria. Pendleton PD uses Ops 4 for local use.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
MadCo questions to verify.. SO no longer uses VHF at all anymore and only runs DPSC and SAFE-T correct?

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Sheriff's Office used to have a VHF/UHF repeater and base/mobile network. The DB had a listing that was wrong (HT's listed as the Base/Mobile pair), that has been corrected.... As far as I know the SO no longer has VHF capabilities (unless they kept the Plan A/B in a base station?) FCC Callsign KRG800 (MADISON, COUNTY OF)

dfoutch

Premium Subscriber
Public Safety quit using KRG800 when they went to the 800 early syatems then to S4. City of Anderson Transportation uses two KRG800 freqs and maybe EMA portables but no regular use by PS that i've heard. KRG800 still has 155.37 & 155.475 listed but like you I have wondered if they are programed in the radios. Like most counties, they keep the freqs licensed, they just don't use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.