Madison County 911 - Beaver Hill Tower

Status
Not open for further replies.

c0untyb0y

All CNY scanner listeners,

I've been advised by a very good source that Madison County is having a major radio reception issue with its microwave link to the southeastern portion of the county. As such, the tower there is offline until further notice. The words used were "supposedly indefinitely". MRD is offline, and I assume fire & ambulance are too.

studgeman

Premium Subscriber
There was a failure with the microwave shot, Not a big suprise if you know anything about that system. Currently the shot is running only in one direction, TX only. Not that the tower provided a whole lot of talk-back coverage anyway. The big thing is they can at least aleart the FDs. Most Comms in the southern part of the County are going off Mutton Hill, some LE is using Forest Ave, depending on where they stand. No EMS Comms were lost, those are only on Mutton Hill. This is why they are replacing the entire system next year! According to my sources it took an entire pack of gum and a half roll of duct tape to get it somewhat operational.

Last edited:

c0untyb0y

ah... the ole MacGuyver trick. any word on what they're replacing their radio systems with... VHF? UHF? 800 MHz? thanks!

studgeman

Premium Subscriber
To be more specific UHF P25 Trunked. This is the same direction as Onondaga, Cayuga, and Oswego are moving.

Based on the current time table there should be shovels in the ground next spring. I see no reason, at this point, minus politics, why that could not happen. That is not to say that the system will have its test acceptace done in 2009, that may push to 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.