Madison County going NXDN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Per all the new licenses from FCC... All conventional frequencies for Madison County Public Safety are now NXDN digital approved. So be monitoring closely guys, they may be going Conventional NexEDGE NXDN.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Subscription access only. So will have to wait a payday or two to check it out. Funds tied up for right now lol. Darn birthdays and Thanksgivings, and Christmases! :twisted:

KE5TLF

Well, that's weird. It's still viewable if you Google it.
Let me google that for you

Or view the cached page. (Google)
Sheriff's department upgrading radios - Madison County Journal - Madison County Mississippi

Anyway, the bullet points are..
Published Oct. 1, 2014
$342,000 contract with Ozborn Communications, LLC based in Canton.
MSWIN sucks and would cost $3.6 million.
The contract covers the system, repeaters, and radios for all emergency vehicles.
Will also be utilizing C Spire cellular towers at a rental charge of $1,500 per month.

SCPD

QRT
Well, that's weird. It's still viewable if you Google it.
Let me google that for you

Or view the cached page. (Google)
Sheriff's department upgrading radios - Madison County Journal - Madison County Mississippi

Anyway, the bullet points are..
Published Oct. 1, 2014
$342,000 contract with Ozborn Communications, LLC based in Canton.
MSWIN sucks and would cost $3.6 million.
The contract covers the system, repeaters, and radios for all emergency vehicles.
Will also be utilizing C Spire cellular towers at a rental charge of $1,500 per month.
Boy, that guy ought to be a stand up comedian, when he's not enforcing the law. All this talk about interoperability, and you have the sheriff of one the most progressive, and prosperous, counties in the state going this direction. Laughable, to say the least, when you consider the two largest municipalities in his county have already joined MSWIN. So much for true interoperabilty in that area. I might add, the very same funding mechanism that will be used to pay for these upgrades, more than likely could have a funded a full transition to MSWIN. Just seems like a really backwards move to me.

Last edited:

KE5TLF

LOL, yeah. Probably, more like, ought to be in line behind Chris Epps, and a bunch of other crooked gubment employees, if the truth were really told.

I don't know which is worse, the gubment mouthpieces spewing this kind of garbage, or the ineptitude of the news media covering them.

As long ago as that MCSO talkgroup was reported I have to wonder if he's tested anything since all the sites that cover Madison County have been turned up too.

I find it hard to believe that the actual, FINAL, cost of going NXDN is less than ONE TENTH, the cost of going MSWIN either, or, to put it the other way, that MSWIN would cost more than TEN TIMES what NXDN would. Seems like a perfect example of just throwing out whatever number you can come up with to support a bogus argument. That $3.6 million figure has to be the absolute worst case scenario, e.g. buying the most expensive equipment possible, and not buying smart like Panola County did for their ENTIRE county

$342,000 + $270,000 (15 years of lease fees) = $612,000, which is fast approaching the final number of what Panola paid to bring their entire county onto MSWIN.
After that, Madison will still have to pay the power company, plus a maintenance contract with Ozborn, plus fuel for generators, plus someone to cut the grass, etc. etc., none of which they'd have to pay being on MSWIN.

Last edited:

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
*SIGH* Welcome to Miss'sipp, we spell that M I crooked letter........... Now you know why that letter is crooked.....

Leave it to the politicians in Jackson, and the County Seats, to keep taking MS back to the trash pit with "Good Ole Boy" crap.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
OK guys n gals, please do submit the data once the NXDN goes live.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
We need someone in the area to do some hard monitoring of all Madison Co freqs and confirm for us what is NXDN, and what is still analog.... Please and TY!

Status
Not open for further replies.