Madison County, NE

Status
Not open for further replies.

ORION_NE

Premium Subscriber
Heard on the radio earlier this week that Madison county commissioners voted to approve the sheriff's request to join the statewide radio system. I don't know if it's just the sheriff's office going to it or other agencies switching as well.

Does anyone have any info on what system Norfolk police and fire will be switching too? All I know is it will be P25 phase 2

nd5y

Check your county and city web sites for council/commission meeting minutes, meeting agendas and bid requests. That might tell you something if they are buying new equipment or have to vote on or approve agreements with the state or other radio service providers.

Check the FCC database for recent and future applications for new licenses or modifications to existing licenses.

Heard on the radio earlier this week that Madison county commissioners voted to approve the sheriff's request to join the statewide radio system. I don't know if it's just the sheriff's office going to it or other agencies switching as well.

Does anyone have any info on what system Norfolk police and fire will be switching too? All I know is it will be P25 phase 2

I was wondering if Madison County was going to consider SRS. They had a newspaper article awhile back about their current VHF system is aging, and replacement parts were getting tough to find. Joining SRS would make a good tie-in for mutual aid type communications with our neighbors to the south, e.g. Platte and Colfax Counties. All I have seen so far is there was discussion on Sept 18's board meeting per the Board Meeting agenda. Which most likely matched what you heard on the radio, ORION_NE.

From what I have gathered, Norfolk will continue to use RACOM and flip the switch to P25 Ph2 once the new radio tower is completed. So far, all I have seen completed is the footings for the tower and and the equipment shed installed on site.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.