Madison County NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

theturk182

Premium Subscriber
I just picked up a BCD396T. I used Freescan and imported Madison County to the scanner via my RR account. It is currently scanning and I am getting hardly anything. I see the signal strength moving between 1 and 3. Do I need a better antenna? It seems to sit on 460.4500 and DAT keeps coming up next to it. GRP 1,2,3 are on so I know it is scanning. Any ideas!

theturk182

Premium Subscriber
Did you program your scanner with software? Did you use RR? Maybe I have a setting off? What are yours?
Thanks

scan1806

I used Onondaga cty for the frequencies and the Onondaga cty talk sys but the Madison cty id and talk group id. I can gat Cayuga cty the same way, for some reason I tried using maddisso cty frequencies and couldn't get anything no reception at all,

theturk182

Premium Subscriber
So I just tried that, assuming I did it right and I got not a better antenna and it works a little better. Not much.

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
If you are in Madison County you need to use the Madison frequencies. There have been many posts on simulcast issues with scanners. The closer to a tower site the better. Too good of an antenna will cause numerous issues. Onondaga frequencies do cover out of the county but you will not hear all the Madison talkgroups on it.

theturk182

Premium Subscriber
I am not sure what you mean by multi-site? Where do I find that? I took the scanner to Utica yesterday and it pick Utica, Oneida NY state Police fine. At home it picks up zip. I am beginning to think it was a waste of money if I can not listen to the county. I am glad I bought used, if I would have bought the 436 I would have been pissed off. I would consider mounting a big antenna on the roof if I new it would work.

theturk182

Premium Subscriber
It help a little, but still having trouble in Madison. I hooked up a coax amplifier that you would use for TV and I get more signal strength in the house, but not really picking up anything.

scan1806

if you decide to sell it let me know but sounds like you tried everything , I just reprogrammed mine with Madison cty as the id and all the Onondaga cty frequencies and all the Madison cty frequencies and its works great .im in the red cross so I listen to them all . I have two pro197's from radioshack and a psr 500 from grecom . now they are made by whistler, same radios just different model numbers,

scoobie69d

Madison County, NY

I'm trying to program my HAM radios to be able to listen to law enforcement frequencies. From what I understand it is now narrow band.
Does anyone know what frequencies I would program into my radios?

Status
Not open for further replies.