Madison County Project 25 TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
I see that the Madison County Communications District, which includes the the Huntsville area, has applied to the FCC to erect a new TRS. This Project 25 Simulcast system consists of five sites so far around the Madison County. Does anyone know if this TRS is part of a statewide interoperability initiative?

FCC Application

73's

Ron

morganAL

It is not part of any Statewide initiative. They are just trying to get everyone in Madison Co to one system.

I see that the Madison County Communications District, which includes the the Huntsville area, has applied to the FCC to erect a new TRS. This Project 25 Simulcast system consists of five sites so far around the Madison County. Does anyone know if this TRS is part of a statewide interoperability initiative?

FCC Application

73's

Ron

morganAL

No idea but I know they are working on getting all of the frequencies licensed so I would say they are probably a year out.

Resqr551

Madison County TRS

The Drake Mtn site in underway now, permit was issued last week. Cost of this site $464,530
Gulf Equipment Corp is doing the tower construction.
Latitude:34' 47' 46.00" North
Longitude:86' 38' 24.00" West
Ground Elevation: 1442 AMSL

I will not answer any questions regarding my information source, don't ask.

DARRELL

Premium Subscriber
Anyone may go to the Madison County 911 web site and find the information package for bidders on the tower construction. It provides some information as to tower construction, locations, time lines for construction, and bidder information.

Untitled Document

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
Madison County has applied to the FCC, to start testing their new Project 25 TRS. Apparently, they want to start the system up within the next two weeks. Here is a letter they sent to the FCC:

STA Request

73's

Ron

codeplug

Member, Disabled Veteran, US Army
New 700 MHz. Frequencies for Madison County - Huntsville, Alabama
Pending Applications:

File No. 0005110528
Madison County Communications District - Huntsville, AL.
New Pending SY - Trunked Public Safety 700 MHz System. Application Date: 03/09/2012
ULS Application - Trunked Public Safety 700 MHz - 0005110528 - MADISON COUNTY COMMUNICATIONS DISTRICT

File No. 0005156017
Madison County Communications District - Huntsville, AL.
New Pending SY - Trunked Public Safety 700 MHz System. Application Date: 04/09/2012
ULS Application - Trunked Public Safety 700 MHz - 0005156017 - MADISON COUNTY COMMUNICATIONS DISTRICT

See Link for Frequencies List:
ULS Application - Trunked Public Safety 700 MHz - 0005110528 - MADISON COUNTY COMMUNICATIONS DISTRICT - Frequency Summary

See Link for Tower Locations:
ULS Application - Trunked Public Safety 700 MHz - 0005110528 - MADISON COUNTY COMMUNICATIONS DISTRICT - Locations Summary

==========================================================================
Request for Station Temporary Authorization.
ULS Application - Trunked Public Safety 700 MHz - 0005156017 - MADISON COUNTY COMMUNICATIONS DISTRICT - Administration

RPC Approval Letter:
ULS Application - Trunked Public Safety 700 MHz - 0005110528 - MADISON COUNTY COMMUNICATIONS DISTRICT - Administration

N4GKS

Too bad that when everything is said and done both the city and county have already stated they will be going encrypted. I suspect that within the next year everyone who goes to 700-800 digital will be that way. And no there is nothing currently that will decode it. Tuscoloosa and Gadsden have already gone encrypted. Say goodbye to listening to public safety.

Last edited:

N8OAY

Too bad that when everything is said and done both the city and county have already stated they will be going encrypted. I suspect that within the next year everyone who goes to 700-800 digital will be that way. And no there is nothing currently that will decode it. Tuscoloosa and Gadsden have already gone encrypted. Say goodbye to listening to public safety.

Well, that just stinks big time. Guess I won't be needing the GRE PSR-500 that I bought a week ago. I am moving to Madison the first week of May. And I bet all of the volunteer firefighters and EMS are not to happy about the system going encrypted.

N8OAY

Her is an interesting question. Section 5.2 of the Madison County Resolution states that "It is recognized that all users have the right to continue to use their existing analog radios through January 1, 2015 in the even that all analog radios have not been replaced by January 1, 2013."

How is that going to work? Will all of the individual existing systems be patched into the new 700 MHz system until that date? And how will that work with the new system being encrypted? I know absolutely nothing about the new 700 MHz systems.

Dave

N4GKS

Her is an interesting question. Section 5.2 of the Madison County Resolution states that "It is recognized that all users have the right to continue to use their existing analog radios through January 1, 2015 in the even that all analog radios have not been replaced by January 1, 2013."

How is that going to work? Will all of the individual existing systems be patched into the new 700 MHz system until that date? And how will that work with the new system being encrypted? I know absolutely nothing about the new 700 MHz systems.

Dave

VHF/UHF on the old radio's will be patched over to the new system. VHF/UHF in, digital 700 out. Not every agency can afford the new radios all at once. This gives them time to get old radios replaced as they can.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.