Madison County Sheriff (Godfrey IL area)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

walterb

Premium Subscriber
I've subscribed and downloaded the Madison county sheriff frequencies, but I was wondering if anybody knows is there something just for the Godfrey area. (North West part of Madison county). I'm hearing Collinsville, which is interesting, but its not what I'm after.

thanks

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
Have you downloaded their StarCom TG's? Not many PD's on VHF/UHF any more. They stayed on the old freqs for a while but I think they are slowly turning the old radios off.

walterb

Premium Subscriber
Have you downloaded their StarCom TG's? Not many PD's on VHF/UHF any more. They stayed on the old freqs for a while but I think they are slowly turning the old radios off.

Yes, I believe I did. I'll check again tonight. I have Madison County Sheriff, and the Godfrey Fire, but was hoping for just the Godfrey area Sheriff. I dont' know if they separate it like that or not, but I would think that a patrol car in Godfrey doesn't care about whats happening in Alhambra.

thanks.

walterb

Premium Subscriber

Yes, I did. I just checked..
Display Frequency L/O Tone Tone LO Att Pri Mod AudioType Comment
MadCoInterop 158.85000 False 100.0Hz False False False NFM Analog Only Countywide Interop (Patch with STARCOM21 TGs)

Is this Godfrey?

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
Not sure if that is right? I live too far south in St Louis city to pick up anything from Madison Co. Even with a 5 element yagi and LMR 400 cable. (I pretty much live in a hole) That is some of the frustration we all have with trying to monitor 700/800 trunked systems. They just don't transmit their signal very far. It sucks for a lot of us. So Starcom will probably be your best bet uf you live close. I could/can only hear the VHF high band (and old low band) freqs down here. I know there are many listeners from the Madison & St Clair Co areas that could probably help you. Good luck.

TGP

Premium Subscriber
Collinsville FD is on Starcom,City police are still analog.
Could be same with Godfrey?
Godfrey fire has two TG one Encrypted.

8461 210d D Godfrey Fire Godfrey Fire Fire-Tac
8463 210f E GdfryFD 8463 Godfrey Fire [Encrypted] Fire-Tac

Madison County has rural Law Tg's where they dispatch for several agency's like
St Clair county uses 4 Rural TG.
Godfrey PD might be on one of the groups and you will hear other agency's along with them or there still analog.
Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.