Madison County Sheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcgrotz

Nelson County has a new building and some antennas at the Devil's Knob site. Replaced the old building. No idea what it may mean...

madmtneer

Can I ask what type of scanner you are picking this up on? I was told by the county that the new TDMA system could not be picked up by scanners. I have a Pro197 is it possible to receive the signal? Any help would be great. Obviously I'm a newbie.

gcgrotz

Can I ask what type of scanner you are picking this up on? I was told by the county that the new TDMA system could not be picked up by scanners. I have a Pro197 is it possible to receive the signal? Any help would be great. Obviously I'm a newbie.

Hey, welcome to the neighborhood! You can pick it up it on any scanner but it is just a loud buzzing type sound. With experience, the different sounds become familiar.

As far as getting anything audible out of it, it has been reported in various posts here that Mototrbo can be decoded using a pc and a program that so far as I know only runs in Linux. I don't have any personal experience with that. No one makes a scanner to decode it, yet.

I don't think it is a TDMA type modulation either as this would preclude it as a less expensive (than P25 digital) alternative for smaller users. Don't let that confuse you. Get into browsing the wiki pages here and start learning about what you're hearing.

StephenVa

If you can hear Mad Co you should be able to hear Orange. Program 155.370 into your scanner. The noise you will hear on that freq is what MOTOTRBO sounds like.

gcgrotz

Thanks for the correction Dave. Now all I need is a faster pc for decoding. I bought a discriminator output cable for my trusty AOR 8200 so that's part of the battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.