Madison County Sheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.

ORION_NE

Premium Subscriber
Now sit back and wait! From a very reliable source, Norfolk PD is also looking at joining the SRS.

New radio system gets approved
From a very good source Norfolk will be staying 800 and it will be phase2. Wouldn't be surprised they do something like Lincoln, but this info was from over a year ago. They may have changed their minds..
With how much Madison County is spending wondering if they are going to add some sites.
Norfolk fire has APX8500 Vhf/UHF/800 mobile radios but I think they still have 800 portables from Harris.

Along the lines of Madison county spending some cash if they are going to add sites, Humphrey site carries a lot of traffic, e.g., Platte, Colfax, Butler SO along with NSP B, with an occasional A and HQ, etc. Perhaps SRS may have to look into getting additional frequencies for that site once Madison SO comes on line? Norfolk site is busy also, but mainly NPPD & NDOT traffic.

With Norfolk, bids have been let for a NPD, NFD, public works, etc. radio system, however, I have not been able to find any information about the bid. NFD still has the 800 Harris Portables. Same with NPD.

Maybe ORION should just stretch out here, they are already in Dodge County, which isn't too terribly far.

ORION_NE

Premium Subscriber
I saw traffic on TG 50702 with radio ID 10070xx on the SRS. The talk group was encrypted. So I don't know if this is road deputies, jail or which department in the SO is using it.

Confirmed:

Madison County Sheriff is performing radio tests. TG 50700, Deputy 50307 calling Madison County Dispatcher. I haven't seen anything pop up for TG 50702 as I type this.

ORION_NE

Premium Subscriber
When I saw radio traffic on 50702 it was around 10pm last night it was all encrypted. So depends on your scanner out what you’re using you may not even see that talk group

I did see 50702 on the affiliation and channel grant screen several times after my post this afternoon on Pro96com. Never did hear any actual transmissions. My vintage Pro 106 doesn't filter out encrypted transmissions. Something Radio Shack didn't consider that Uniden did.

Status
Not open for further replies.