Madison NJ, Perimeter Setup For Individual On Foot

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnez367

Premium Subscriber
0342: Heard Chatham sending unit(s) to assist Madison in setting up a perimeter for suspect on foot in the area of Ridgefield Avenue in Florham Park. Florham Park, Madison, and East Hanover looking for suspect(s) that possibly bailed out of a white Mercedes. Also heard partial transmission about a dog being dispatched on Morris County P25 channel 7. Do not know if suspect(s) were located. I believe this are of Madison has had numerous MV burglaries in the last couple of weeks.

If anyone regularly monitors Madison, can you please share frequency and system information? I live within 5 miles of madison but have never received a transmission on Madison's listed 476.xxx freq. Not sure if it is encrypted or if I am monitoring the wrong freq./system.

Thanks

jnez367

Premium Subscriber
I monitor them from the next town on the 476.XXX freqs, but the transmissions always sound weak.
Thanks I appreciate the reply. I am 3.5 from Police HQ. Could not understand why I could not receive anything. I am in a little bit of a valley so that may explain it.

Regards.

AvidHiker

I assume you've checked the Morris County database page to be sure you have the right freqs?

In addition to somewhat regular police chases, most of which are terminated when they reach Newark, I hear my local towns cooperating on searches pretty regularly and they often bring in the Union County K9 unit. Yep, and it's almost always related to MV burglaries and thefts. The word is obviously out on the streets. Some people apparently can't bear to bring their key fobs in for the night, so they just stash it in the unlocked vehicle.o_O Modern proximity key systems (pretty much standard on any luxury vehicle), coupled with monumentally lazy and/or stupid people, make car thefts a breeze these days. You don't even have to find the fob - just hop in, apply the brakes, cross your fingers and hit the start button.

jnez367

Premium Subscriber
I assume you've checked the Morris County database page to be sure you have the right freqs?

In addition to somewhat regular police chases, most of which are terminated when they reach Newark, I hear my local towns cooperating on searches pretty regularly and they often bring in the Union County K9 unit. Yep, and it's almost always related to MV burglaries and thefts. The word is obviously out on the streets. Some people apparently can't bear to bring their key fobs in for the night, so they just stash it in the unlocked vehicle.o_O Modern proximity key systems (pretty much standard on any luxury vehicle), coupled with monumentally lazy and/or stupid people, make car thefts a breeze these days. You don't even have to find the fob - just hop in, apply the brakes, cross your fingers and hit the start button.
I loaded the frequencies from Uniden Sentinel. They seem to match Radio Reference. The poor/no reception on my end is probably related to the terrain. I didn't realize it, but Madison is available via an App feed. I will use that when possible. The App feed has an excellent signal.

MV theft problems is really pervasive. Seems like almost every other night either Summit, Madison, Florham Park, or Livingston is chasing a car in the early AM. The problem is also pretty well established along the Rt 22 corridor. In the last month I have heard active break-ins in Fanwood, Scotch Plains, and Westfield. In early July, someone attempted my cars at 4:20 a.m. The result was a pursuit and crash of the suspect vehicle on the way to Rt 78. Police caught one of the three individual who were working my neighborhood. (15 year old from Essex Co.) One of the two other individuals likely stole a car a block away. One of my neighbors had his wallet stolen and credit cards used fraudulently.

All of this makes for interesting scanner traffic, but eventually it will lead to injuries, additional, more serious crime, or worse.

Thanks for the reply.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber

Another issue is the technology in the cars. Thanks to the abundance of computer interfaces and RF integration all the more organized auto-theft rings need is an SDR and a small notebook computer. That was part of how the Newark group that was taking high-end cars and shipping them illicitly to West Africa and the Middle East was doing it.

As of late they've really been targeting Berkeley Heights, New Providence, Florham Park, Millburn, Chatham and Madison. And the cops are pissed. As displayed by Berkeley Heights chasing a stolen in July several miles into Newark instead of cutting it off at Elizabeth Ave on I-78.

As to the original topic of the post, I've had issues hearing Madison from within Madison the last few times I was home and visited a doctor right downtown. Can anyone definitively confirm if any of the frequencies have changed, and if not, which they are using as their primary dispatch?

AvidHiker

Some of the towns I hear cooperating in my area are Mountainside, Westfield, Scotch Plains, Fanwood, Garwood and Clark. In my town alone there have been dozens of MV thefts over the past couple years and in almost every case they say the key fob was left in the unlocked vehicle. I hope their premiums go sky high after an incident like that (not that it would dent the wallets of most). I even caught a call from a guy who had his Mercedes stolen twice in a short period of time, BOTH times because the fob was left in the car. It's like people who insist on feeding bears. Just maddening.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Some of the towns I hear cooperating in my area are Mountainside, Westfield, Scotch Plains, Fanwood, Garwood and Clark. In my town alone there have been dozens of MV thefts over the past couple years and in almost every case they say the key fob was left in the unlocked vehicle. I hope their premiums go sky high after an incident like that (not that it would dent the wallets of most). I even caught a call from a guy who had his Mercedes stolen twice in a short period of time, BOTH times because the fob was left in the car. It's like people who insist on feeding bears. Just maddening.

I love the ones who leave their cars running at QuickChek and 7-Eleven.

"But I took the fob inside"....Yeah, but the perp still took your car three blocks...

jnez367

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for all the replies, especially the folding mirrors. Should have but did not know that one. Apparently the problem has moved on to houses. On 9/13/20, three occupied residences were entered in the early AM hours. Based on what I could gather, subject(s) entered through two homes through open sliding glass doors. Not sure on the other. Maybe garage door opener or key left in car? Either way, this is not a good trend.

Status
Not open for further replies.