Madison Oneida Co Schools MPT-1327 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senegal1

Greetings,

Our local school, Oneida City, Madison Co, NY (where I use to drive bus) has gone to a MPT-1327 Standard system.

I have a GRE PSR 500 and 600 scanners, and not sure how to get frequencies from RR to my scanners. I am using the WIN500 program.

Just wondering if anyone has programed these radios with a MPT-1327 trunked system using WIN500?
I see also a program called Trunkview used.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for program this into my scanners.

Thanks,
AJ

D

DaveNF2G

There are no scanners that can track any of the MPT systems. As you have seen, there is software that allows monitoring of the trunking protocols.

If the voice traffic on the system is analog, then you can scan the channels in conventional mode like you would for any other un-trackable analog system. If the voice traffic is digital, then you are out of luck without decoding software. (I have not yet encountered an MPT system, so I don't know what you should expect.)

Senegal1

Dave,
Wonder why a school radio system that is mostly the school buses went to a system like this?

I have put in the frequencies and have heard some talk at the schools, but not our local school yet.
I shall keep at it and see what happens.

Thanks,
AJ
KC2ZKC

jsikora

Because your radio vendor sold it. I doubt they went looking for this specific system. A end user will buy what hte dealer says they should even if its not always the best case. I am guessing the vendor to be the same one who sold the Turning Stone there MPT system.

studgeman

Premium Subscriber
Jeff you hit the nail square on the head. The system is analog, just program the voice channels in conventional and you will hear it just fine. I would imagine they are on the Oneida tower and not the Utica tower. There will be some other stuff on the system as well.

KD2DXF

Nobody
Premium Subscriber
Because your radio vendor sold it. I doubt they went looking for this specific system. A end user will buy what hte dealer says they should even if its not always the best case. I am guessing the vendor to be the same one who sold the Turning Stone there MPT system.

That would be JPJ Communications. they operate and maintain the MPT Systems. Users come and go just like the Utica EDACS.

Status
Not open for further replies.