Madison Public Safety P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjgostovich

Is this system in use or just patched with the analog TRS? I'll be down next week and as just wondering what to program. Thanks in advance!

wirr

Database Admin
It seems that most of the traffic is from the connection to the analog system.

sjgostovich

Just an update, I punched both systems in and I was getting control channel signal from the P25 system but I never heard any traffic on it. On the analog TRS it sounded like the dispatching was digital modulation patched into the analog channel. All the units in the field sounded to be analog.

sgtmatt

Premium Subscriber
I was just up there not that long ago with a uniden home patrol 2 and for some reason it wasn't getting the system in, i looked in the database and it looked like the frequencies were wrong. I updated it but haven't been back up to the area yet to see if that has done the trick, I was able to hear DCSO on Wiscom

sjgostovich

Any updates?

Hi there, just reviving this thread since I will be heading down on Thursday. Is most of the city public safety on the new P25 system? Thanks in advance!

cpd38

Premium Subscriber
I've only heard Madison parking on the system so far.

Madison Police, Fire/EMS, Monona PD, UWPD and Capitol PD are still on the 800 analog system.

whop94

Premium Subscriber
Any idea what frequency MFD is using for fireground ops? Appears Tac 2 is used like J-John on Danecom to communicate with the communications center but not used for on-scene communications.

ScanWI

MN & WI DB Admin
Database Admin
As of a trip to Madison I took tonight, I only heard Fire on the SmartNet system. The link between for the PD between the new and old system appears to be no longer.

tp3244

Anyone know where the tower locations are for the new P25 system? Doesn't seem to be on the Radioreference page at https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=9356

Are the tower locations the same as the old Smartnet system? (i.e. those listed on https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=1451 )

Finally - the "System Site Location Data" report (i.e. https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?rpt=7&sid=1451 and https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?rpt=7&sid=9356) for each system lists a latitude/longitude. These seem to center on Grainger Hall (old system) and Resurrection Cemetary (new system). Is this just the approximate center of the coverage area or is there actually some equipment at those locations?

Last edited:

whop94

Premium Subscriber
Been hearing DALAW1 and Fitchburg PD dispatch pretty consistently on the Madison P25 since the new ISSI link went up on DANECOM. Makes total sense given Shorewood Hills and Maple Bluff being enclaves and the long and densely populated boundary with Fitchburg. Also is very convenient for using the G5 as I primarily listen to Madison but like having some neighboring agencies programmed in!

Also worth noting UWPD seems to be on the P25 consistently as well, not sure if they're still using the conventional frequencies but also makes a lot of logistical sense, not sure why they never utilized the talk groups on the Moto system.

bcast

I'm guessing this occurs temporarily when radios on the MAPS P25 800 system temporarily affiliate to that talkgroup & might be a feature of the ISSI technology. Noticed it occur last evening when FBPD was searching for a suspect involved in a shooting. Perhaps some MAPD units rockered over to that TG, or activated a scan with that TG in the list to monitor FBPD as a bordering jurisdiction. Unsure if MAPD was providing mutual aid or not.

Been hearing DALAW1 and Fitchburg PD dispatch pretty consistently on the Madison P25 since the new ISSI link went up on DANECOM. Makes total sense given Shorewood Hills and Maple Bluff being enclaves and the long and densely populated boundary with Fitchburg. Also is very convenient for using the G5 as I primarily listen to Madison but like having some neighboring agencies programmed in!

Also worth noting UWPD seems to be on the P25 consistently as well, not sure if they're still using the conventional frequencies but also makes a lot of logistical sense, not sure why they never utilized the talk groups on the Moto system.

Status
Not open for further replies.