• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Mag One BPR40 solid green light

Status
Not open for further replies.

BC_12

If the radio is programmed to a random set of Freqs and DPL/PL
the light is solid green as soon as I turn on the radio

if I set to factory defaults the light is not on and the radio can communicate on those channels

Has anyone experienced this?
Thanks
BC

BC_12

Setting to tight

When set to tight it helped on one radio
Question still remains why 464.5 would work but 461.2 will not work25 radios work and 4 do not!!!

RFI-EMI-GUY

When set to tight it helped on one radio
Question still remains why 464.5 would work but 461.2 will not work25 radios work and 4 do not!!!

You should not have to set squelch tight. Try this, remove the antennas and move away from noise sources like your computer and monitor. Does the light go off? If so, use default squelch settings which should be threshold not tight and blame the noise from your computer for opening the squelch on those frequencies.

RFI-EMI-GUY

also check the programmable button for PL/DPL disable. Is it programmed to work? have you toggled it? The light normally should be amber if interference or co channel activity. There might also be a programmable feature that inhibits transmit if there is other activity on the channel. You might want to turn that feature off to prevent confusion.

Personally, I would reset to factory defaults, read the radio, change the frequencies and rewrite to the radio just in case there is an error in the codeplug template you are using.

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
I am experiencing the exact same issue with a batch of Motorola MagOne BPR40 UHF radios. All of the radios are using the same codeplug (R02.01.UV2). The issue came about during a programming update and specifically bringing the radios within narrowband compliance. If the radios are restored to the factory default of wideband operation they operate fine. However after narrowbanding these radios the green light stays on and the transmitter and receiver seem to have drifted off alignment. Many of these radios have chronological serial numbers making me wonder if they were a bad batch from the factory.

Here are a couple short video clips of the radio before and after reprogramming and narrow banding the radios:
https://youtu.be/PBq2PIRDWVA
https://youtu.be/hmiIUexY4d0

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
.....dreaded bad narrow band filter issue. If radios only exhibit this issue during narrowband operation, it is indicative of bad narrowband filters. Have had hundreds of these through the shop for this issue. TT

llu727

+1 on crystal filters.
I ALWAYS change both at the same time since it is so much fun to do.

Generally, after removal - break it open and you will find green stuff growing in them.

BC_12

Filters

Decided to take a swing at replacing these filters. Can you tell me the part number and source to puschase them. I would appreciate it very much.
Thanks BC_12

Status
Not open for further replies.