Magee PD mtotrbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmaxon

Just order a new uniden bcd325p2, what file or update do I need from uniden so I can hear Magee ms PD?
Thanks

riccom

Upstate S.C.
Premium Subscriber
I would wait simpson county is on mswin and mcgee may follow suit soo. Also

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

riccom

Upstate S.C.
Premium Subscriber
The following system types are available with firmware 1.07.06 or later and purchased keys (one for ProVoice, another for DMR)

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
I think it is 50 bucks per file but

One is $60.00 One is $50.00

Also, we do NOT know if Magee PD is using encryption on the DMR. NO FreeSCAN will NOT work with the DMR upgrades! (Is FreeSCAN even still being updated/supported? Thought the site was dead now and no updates in over an year?) You must use ProSCAN, or the ARC software, or whatever Uniden has out for it, or manually program.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rick54

Magee PD

I would wait simpson county is on mswin and mcgee may follow suit soo. Also

Magee has a talk group set up in MSWIN but they have never used it, they bought into the new motorola system without ever using MSWIN they cannot talk to anyone but their own units. Stupid but true.

MississippiPI

Premium Subscriber
Magee PD is still on the MOTO turbo or whatever it is, can't monitor on scanner. Yep, they have a tg on MSWIN but no-one knows why. I think the Chief, Asst Chief and Dispatch with Magee have a radio from S.O. so they can communicate.

Be Safe

INDY72

Magee PD is still on the MOTO turbo or whatever it is, can't monitor on scanner. Yep, they have a tg on MSWIN but no-one knows why. I think the Chief, Asst Chief and Dispatch with Magee have a radio from S.O. so they can communicate.

Be Safe

Actually, unless MPD is encrypted, you can monitor them on scanners now. DMR is available on several models now.

Rick54

Magee pd

Then I stand corrected....
But I'm sure they were told no scanners could pick up DMR, and that was true at the time. As we all know that is changing and as time passes they will have an expensive system to maintain and everyone that has a newer scanner will be able to hear them just fine unless they encrypt. This is the same story we have seen play out with all new systems over the years. they could have just used MSWIN and encrypted and saved a lot of money in the long run. They have that MSWIN TGID because they were going that route at first.

mmaxon

I now have a uniden bcd325p2 with the new DMR update. Has anyone heard Magee PD talk yet. I had them in my scanner but hear nothing.

INDY72

You need to monitor the display closely and watch that freq. If used, you will see the Color Code, Slots used, and TG data... And if you don't hear audio, bet you see the symbology for encryption. That is if you programmed it correctly.

895xlt

Premium Subscriber
Claiborne County

Just heard Claiborne County SO on 41105 calling Claiborne 4 and 6 far a call in hermanville. I copied it off of the MOOT Hazlehurst tower. It lists 41053 as SO Dispatch

riccom

Upstate S.C.
Premium Subscriber
Just heard Claiborne County SO on 41105 calling Claiborne 4 and 6 far a call in hermanville. I copied it off of the MOOT Hazlehurst tower. It lists 41053 as SO Dispatch
I think that was ment for the mswin thread

Status
Not open for further replies.