Magnet Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator596

Premium Subscriber
I am currently using a RS "Sputnik" antenna on a variety of portable poles inside and outside my home to listen to both vhf and uhf.
Will attaching a small, magnet mount antenna for a seperate device (the Micro ADS-B) to the same pole right beside the Sputnik cause a degredation of the performance of either antenna?
Condensed version: Does putting a magnet near an antenna screw it up?
Thanks,

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
I am currently using a RS "Sputnik" antenna on a variety of portable poles inside and outside my home to listen to both vhf and uhf.
Will attaching a small, magnet mount antenna for a seperate device (the Micro ADS-B) to the same pole right beside the Sputnik cause a degredation of the performance of either antenna?
Condensed version: Does putting a magnet near an antenna screw it up?
Thanks,

I do not think a magnet will mess up a antenna,but it might mess up electronics.Maybe if the magnet is a really good sized one and if the antenna is transmiting it "might" do something.

K9WG

A static magnetic field will not have an effect on reception. Now if you move the magnet back and forth say 150,000,000 times a second, it might cause some interference. Now putting a magnet next to a hard drive, floppy disks, or your credit cards is another matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.