Magnolia...yes...Magnolia Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
I'm a frequent visitor from NJ to the serenity of Magnolia, I have a question. As I've only had the experience of seeing an emergency response once into the hamlet, a EMS response by chopper after some genius played with a black powder potato cannon too long, I'm curious as to what department would normally handle emergencies into Magnolia in Morgan County? Paw Paw?

And what frequencies would be needed in addition to applicable locals? Which County/State?

Thanks guys...

wfrd140

Premium Subscriber
Yes I believe Paw Paw is 1st due to the metropolis of Magnolia, 2nd is Great Cacapon, Mogan County Rescue is the ALS provider.

My guess is that if saw a flyout from "back there", you have seen all there is to see except during brush fire season.

You will need Morgan and Hampshire County, check the database for freq.s.
800mhz not very active anymore, mostly VHF High channels.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Hahaha. Thanks. Yeah, the metropolis that it is, is what's the attraction to me. When you can count the population on one hand (minus Jethro's dogs) you're in my kind of place. Just something else to listen to other than my primary interests...the railroad, the river, and nothing at all.

Thanks again.

wmbio

Trooper 5, a MSP helo based in Cumberland covers Paw Paw, they will talk to Syscom on 44.74 or to the Regional medical center on Call 1, med 3 or 6, Fire dispatch is sometimes done by Allegany county 911 on 33.780. Wva Fire is on 46.14 and a few 800 mhz channels that do not work very well in the valley there. Are you sure your not on vacay at Avalon?

73's
Wmbio

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
If you listen real good you can hear the liquid bubbling through the copper tubing.

Ah...my favorite Magnolia/Hansrote lullaby! Haha.

Nope. No Avalon campground for me. My spot is directly next to the CSX (Railroad) Cumberland Subdivision at Magnolia, right at the river's edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.