mah

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Battery

As long as it is the correct voltage and physical size, it doesn't matter. The higher the capacity, the longer uninterrupted run time. Charging the batteries outside the radio would be a must due to either longer charge time or higher charge current.

I'm having pretty good luck with the Amazon Basics AA NiMH rechargeables in my '325P2. I also have used Eneloops and they are pretty good performers but my set is losing capacity after several years of continuous use, so i decided to see how the Amazon Basics do.

I seem to get less life out of rechargeables in that scanner than my BCD396XT.

Rred

People have reported mixed results with Amazon Basics. I sent mine back, they all eventually failed too young. The real maker may change as the contract is re-placed each year, so there's no telling if what you got, is what you'll get.

OTOH Eneloop is always from the same source, more reliably.

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
I've had great results from Rayovac "Recharge Plus." 2400 mAh. Available just about anywhere batteries are sold.

marksmith

I also have had good success with Amazon Basics in the high capacity model. I find over the past couple years that they have acted exactly like Eneloop. So similar, in fact, that I think they might be, with a different name. However, I also believe that there are likely more than one supplier an what you get might not work as well. I bought a dozen or so of them 2 years ago along with the same number of Eneloop batteries. All are still in service.

Status
Not open for further replies.